View Single Post
Old 06-23-2023, 11:11 AM   #20
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho Adventurer View Post
I'm not finding "Aqua-Kem" with formaldehyde in it like you are. Just the new "Aqua-Kem" that's biodegradable and without formaldehyde. Can you share a web link where you're finding it? Maybe I'm just missing it. Thanks.
Fair question. To the best of my knowledge, you need to search for Aqua Kem Original, the secret being in the the word ORIGINAL. A search for "Aqua Kem" brings up a couple dozen hits, all of which say No Formaldehyde somewhere in the listing. A search for "Aqua Kem Original" brings up a few hits, one of them being Amazon. All of them show a big "Warning - May Cause Burns, Blindness, Death, etc" on the front label and urging you to check the ingredients on the back label. And they don't show the back label. No mention of formaldehyde, yes or no, anywhere in the listing. But in the Users Comments section, there are numerous reviews saying "Wonderful stuff, yes, it has formaldehyde".

So as I said originally, I don't know what is going on. Maybe some warehouses have received permission to clear out their stock. And a lot of it is showing up on eBay, of course. The big picture doesn't make sense to me, but listings for Aqua-Kem Original disappeared for a while, and are now back.

Caveat Emptor.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote