View Single Post
Old 06-13-2023, 07:34 PM   #8
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Wavery -

Do I understand that you are running All Terrain tires (not trailer tires) on your TM? I must have missed that. Or were you referring to the Ridgeline? If the TM, fill me in, please. Size, pressure, miles traveled to date, your overall experience and satisfaction, and so forth.

I never quite understood why ST tires exist. I've seen a lot of kinda mush-mouthed explanations, but nothing that made me sit up and say "Aha! So that's it!"

Bill
Sorry ifs I wasn't clear. I run BFG All Terrain Tires on any truck that I own.

I run Maxxis M8008 tires on my trailers. I used to run weight rating "E" but Maxxis has designed a weight rating "D" that has a weight rating of 2535# and is quite a bit lighter.

I'm not a fan of all terrain tires on a trailer. Trailer tires are not "Drive wheels". They simply follow along where ever they are dragged. The advantage of all terrain tires is better " Drive Traction" in dirt and mud. Trailer tires don't care about drive traction. All terrain tires are very heavy.

The other issue on the TM is the clearance between the tire and the wheel well. All terrain tires ten to have thicker tread.