View Single Post
Old 05-29-2023, 05:18 AM   #5
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge trucker View Post
<snip>
Here it seems that no topic pages go past 1 page of entries.
As a new TM owner I can't help but wonder if some of my many questions couldn't be answered by old posts.
I'm not sure I understand what you are seeing. The Forum is organized into top-level Topic areas, such as Electrical, Frame, Towing, and so forth. There are about 20 such topic areas.

If you click on one of the topic areas, you will see a list of the individual conversations that occurred in that topic area - conversations are called Threads. For example, if I click on the Electrical topic area, I see a 50-page list of Thread titles, meaning that we have had a huge number of conversations about Electric things. Each Thread (conversation) has a title, so I can scan down the titles and find a conversation that interests me. Then, when I click on that conversation title, I can see all of the posts that happened in that conversation. There may be only one or two posts - or there may be dozens, spanning many pages. It depends on how many people took part in that conversation, and how much they had to say. But all of posts are part of that particular conversation, presented in order of posting.

Are you saying that you can't see this? Or are you expecting the mish-mash of unorganized unseparated posts that are presented on some social-media sites, where it is left up to the reader to figure out what any given post is talking about, and what previous posts may or may not have spawned it?

As others have mentioned, you can Search the Forum for keywords, and it will bring up posts that match those key words, regardless of where those posts appear on the Forum. Having found a matching post, you can then read the entire conversation, presented in the order in which it happened.

Hope this helps - ask again if not.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote