View Single Post
Old 04-11-2023, 09:15 AM   #13
rich2468
Site Sponsor

Everyone's installation will be unique (depending on TM shell size, roof obstructions, weight/ amount of torsion bar assist available, budget, and the amount of solar charging wattage desired)- but to address your immediate statement/ question: I would not want anywhere near 10 inches of solar panel overhang.

That much would likely interfere with use of a cover and could become of concern during high wind days. Additionally, I'd be concerned with where the mounting points would lie on your rear shell. The shells have a centerline peak, as well as rounding towards the rear.

For my 2922KB, I overcame the slope/ curvature issues by building an aluminum rail mount for my solar panel array, but I don't think that approach would make sense for TM's with smaller rear shells (or older torsion bars without additional weight capacity).

My rear shell solar array hangs over the rear about 4" which is about as far as I think is practical in most cases.

Rich and Lynn
2021 2922KB

420Ah LiFePO4 battery bank, kilowatt solar, 3K Watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter, DC-to-DC Charger, Sealand 711-M28 toilet, Maxxis 8008 Load Rated E
rich2468 is offline   Reply With Quote