View Single Post
Old 09-02-2004, 04:44 PM   #3
mamabear

Unhappy trailer leak question

This happened to us on our last trip. We pulled the lever and pretty soon blue stuff started to drip from under the outer wall. We headed to the dump station real fast. When we got home we tore out the toilet, not a pleasant thing. We found out our foam seal around the toilet was kinda odd shaped and the valve seal had a small tear in it. So our toilet was slowly leaking into the black pipe the whole weekend. We just never walked around back of camper till it was time to go home. We called the Tm dealer but he didn't know how to get seals. So I called our local other RV dealer and the thetford salesman was at the dealership at that moment. He couldn't give us the right numbers for the replacement seals either. He called the company and they are sending us a spec sheet so we can get the right parts we need. We are replacing all our gaskets(or seals) there are 3 total in the bottom the toilet. My husband doesn't ever want to do that job again. So I guess our next trip will be without toilet if we don't ever get our parts in time. We are leaving September 10th for the weekend. I made reservations close to the flush bathrooms. Has anybody else ever changed their gaskets(seals) ? and if so what part numbers did you use? We have been waiting for this spec sheet for 3 days now.

hope someone can help,
mamabear