View Single Post
Old 03-31-2022, 10:33 PM   #10
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Do I understand that if I remove the rear window curtain and the trim, I will find access into the back wall, and the wires in the wall exposed or accessible? Hope so - I am still trying to figure a nice way to add backup lights to my 2020 2720QS - the factory did not add them.The backup light wire from the 7-pin Bargman goes as far as the refrig compartment, and dead ends there. I'm looking for a way to get them to the back wall and up into position. This could help.

My Plan B for this project is to run the backup light wire under the TM to the back bumper area, and mount backup lights on the bumper. It would be simple, it would work, but it wouldn't look great.

Bill
I should have taken pics when I was back there.....

When that plastic trim panel above the window is out, all I saw was 1" holes behind each of the clearance lights.. There wires for the clearance lights and interior lights run on top of the back wall, under the roof. I think that you can access them by removing the crown molding above the curtains that runs all the way across the back (on my trailer). I think that molding is just held in with calking. It would stand to reason that the taillight, stoplight and B/U light wires run through there also.

My trailer has working back up lights. I would imagine that the wiring harnesses haven't changed much. I would be surprised if there aren't B/U light wires already behind your taillights.