View Single Post
Old 12-06-2016, 03:54 PM   #4
woodbinite

Default Norcold Fridge Flame Meter Troubleshooting

Tentcamper and ScrubbyJay,

Thanks for the Norcold service manual link. It provides some excellent art work and repair info. I also got a lot from the Norcold info in the "info you won't find anywhere else" folder here.

I did replace the two 18 gauge wires from the interrupter to the switch with 14 gauge wires (red and blue) while I had the fridge pulled forward

As for the flame meter, I found a good troubleshooting video on youtube titled Norcold N300.3 Diagnostics for Winnebago Rialta HD. Author Rialta99.

For my flame meter, I believe I had a bad ground. The meter ground (red) is attached under the thermostat/gas safety valve. The other end (blue) is attached to the interrupter. The two wires are very thin diameter and both have spade connectors (female). When I disconnected the ground (red), it slipped off so easily I'll bet the connection was poor. I later found the wire end of the connector was cracked and it came apart in my hand. A new meter is on it's way via ups. I was hoping to get the camper buttoned up and covered for winter before it snows but I also want to resolve this problem before I do. Fingers crossed the new meter will be the fix. I'll post when I get the new meter installed. Thanks again.
Ralph, Darlene and Otto
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
woodbinite is offline   Reply With Quote