View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 10:01 PM   #32
flipflop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
If the battery doesn't put 12 VDC into the trailer, but when you hook a jump pack onto THE VERY SAME BATTERY TERMINALS, then it would seem that the battery must be the problem. Since you had problems with the ring lugs that attach to the battery, I suppose the problem could be an intermittent connection there, one that makes or breaks when you disturb the wires. Or it could be an intermittent connection in the fuse holder as you move the connecting wires.

The fuse in the battery box is either a glass cylinder (metal ends) in a hot-dog shape plastic fuseholder, or a blade fuse in an automotive-style flat fuse holder. Check this picture in my Tech Stuff album

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...&pictureid=760

The former type of fuse holder is famous for overheating and going intermittent. If you have it, you should replace it with the latter, a much better design.

Both types of fuse can be "tested" by visual inspection. You will see a broken metallic strip iniside the fuse body if the fuse is bad.

Bill
Thanks, Bill. I edited my post above. This trailer had/has a Type 1 circuit breaker in the battery box (which I knew absolutely nothing about, thought it was a fuse and either worked or didn't work).

Everything worked before I started fooling around in the battery box, so something I did in the battery box is the culprit. It appears the ring terminal coming loose was just a sidetracker from whatever the real problem is.

I'll know more in the morning.