View Single Post
Old 06-19-2016, 11:20 AM   #164
TangoManor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslag54 View Post
I really don't think they inspected it very well because there was a short in the wiring. We spent over 6 1/2 hours there during our PDI and kept finding minor stuff and waited while they fixed them. We ending up coming back the next morning because of the wiring short. I probably talked or emailed Gena every other day reporting issues that arose over the next 8 days. Gena assured me that Auburn Kent Valley RV and the Trailmanor factory were made aware and would take care of everything. It started out with the bag seals not sealing, I was told it just needed some adjusting. The bathroom window needed to be replaced, Scott said he would order it and have it sent to Auburn Kent. A few days later the front shell latch catch and trim separated. The next day, on only the 4th time opening it, the slide out jumped off it's track. Once we got it home and over to Auburn Kent they pointed out a several more things that weren't right. In hindsight I regret not returning it to Custom RV when the major stuff started happening but we were closer to home and out of time.
Sorry to hear about all the problems with your TM. I bought a new 2010 3023 TM from Custom RV, back in March of 2010. I discovered a few problems during the PDI, which they promptly corrected. However, the first 5 or 6 outings uncovered problems that included: many water leaks (mostly plumbing), many defective windows, minor electrical issues, A/C went out, misaligned doors, starting refrigerator on gas etc. Granted, nothing as extreme as you're dealing with, however, most of them were the result of sloppy workmanship and poor dealer prep. I'll admit that I should have done a thorough inspection before I accepted delivery of the TM because I would have discovered some of this on my own.

I think that Custom RV is a good dealer, as they did go above and beyond to correct the problems. This involved taking the TM back to them 5 or 6 times and leaving it with them for a few months. I think that TM has struggled with quality for a while and I hope that they get things together. Although I am very happy with my current TT, I do miss the attention that I got with the TM. I hope that TM is able to resolve the problems with your TM, to your satisfaction!