View Single Post
Old 04-12-2004, 05:06 PM   #8
ccc6588

Default Re:Amplified Antenna Problem

[quote author=dlajoie link=board=22;threadid=1833;start=msg12971#msg1297 1 date=1081805292]
A TM owner from Denver recently related in a similar thread that 8 out of 10 2003 TMs delivered to a local dealer had bad coax connections. Sure enough, when I checked the connector behind the refrig on my new 2003 2720SL this weekend, I found the ends of the wires just cut square and inserted into the connector with no wire protruding and no foil touching the connector. It is my understanding that the gentleman who did this work "has either gone fishing or has been fired". It only took a couple of minutes to fix but since the factory knows about this now, I'll bet you it is on the final inspection checklist.
[/quote]

When you say behind the refrigerator, is this the same as the photo I show or is it something else? Can you point me to it.

This may be the same guy who did (or didn't do) my circuit breaker for the microwave. I am not very impressed with the pride of workmanship displayed on my TM. It is not just this item, but many big and small items. Certain small items still leave lasting impressions such as saw dust, metal shavings, residual tan stuff all over the TM (adhesive? I remove with my fingernails), extra screws lying around, cut wire coating, squeeky doors, etc. It reinforces the image of sloppiness and total lack of attention to details. This is generally something that management must take responsibility for. If they can't ensure that people will do their jobs correctly, then they need a final inspector and I would love to see "inspected by #1" rather than "ok to ship."