View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 12:07 PM   #7
inghamm
Site Sponsor

Default We gave up and bought used

We ordered a new 2720QB in February 2015. Our experience was similar to aslag54. Delivery promises not kept, calls not returned. At the end, they said everything was ready except for the seat cushions. I said fine, just ship it without the cushions. They never did ship it and wouldn't return my phone calls. We really didn't have a sense that the owners were competent or honest. Fail to sell a $30,000 unit because you didn't get seat cushions together? So in June we gave up and started looking for used.

We had a hard time finding a used 2720. I thought we were going to have to travel to Utah (we live near Seattle) but a 2007 version popped up about an hour away. We have felt very blessed with it. $10,000 as opposed to $30,000, which left lots in the budget for some repairs and upgrades. After reading many reports on the forum, I'm convinced we have a better built unit than we would have gotten.

I think with the inability to get new units, the price of used ones in good condition will stay strong, maybe even go up.

For us, AC was a must. My wife, a true Seattleite who is hot at 76 degree, loves it. But even in Western Washington we get some 90 degree days in the summer, so we've used it several times already. I recently had to re-caulk a roof vent, so I assume the other vents and the AC will also need to be done, but for now they are good. In my opinion AC gives you more options of places you can go and times of year you can go there, so I wouldn't turn down a unit with AC.

TM: 2007 2720 (QB) TV: 2010 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Hopkins INSIGHT brake controller, Andersen No-Sway WDH
CARCHET Solar Powered TMPS
Dometic CRX-1110 AC/DC Compressor Fridge, 200 W Solar
inghamm is offline   Reply With Quote