View Single Post
Old 10-19-2015, 03:41 PM   #6
mmayville

Default Torsion Bars

Is the size of the bolt head 1 1/8"? I need to adjust all of the torsion bars on my Trailmanor. The rear shell drops and when it does the front side near the door is up about 6" and need to come down farther when closed. The front shell is hard to lift and needs to be adjusted so that it is easier to pull up without having to lift. So what I want to do is to tighten all of the bolts down and back off from there to adjust the "lift" where it is easier to lift but close enough for the door side and not door side latches to be easier to latch into place. I replaced all 4 of the latches and finally the front shell closes to seal the unit. I just had $800.00 dollars work done on the brakes, bearings and the drums also with a new Break Activator installed so the unit works with the breaking system again. You can read my other post about the Chinese fire drill when I brought it home from purchasing it when the key somehow came out of the break activator and I had smoke billowing out of the wheel well from bringing it home from the dealer I bought it from. I managed to drain all of the water from the unit and will bring it home to put RV anitfreeze in the water traps of all the necessary places. I also want to install a 2" lift kit to put 15" tires on it instead of the 14" tires that are on it already. I am picking it up on Friday to work on it Saturday and Sunday meanwhile having new 14" tires put on it until I can put the lift kit and 15" tires on it after winter storage. I have decided to put 2 plastic saw horses on the center of the roof front and rear then placing a tarp over them to deflect the snow for the winter. Hoping it will last through a Michigan winter without having to go to the storage lot (which is not plowed in the winter) to get to my unit to clear snow off the roof. I am wide open to any suggestions from the forum to fix any of the items I have listed.

Thank you,

Miie

2004 2720SL Swing Tongue
2015 Toyota Tacoma V6 4.0L
Many changes since I purchased it!
mmayville is offline   Reply With Quote