View Single Post
Old 07-10-2015, 06:56 AM   #9
Padgett
TrailManor Master

For some it is best to buy the nicest one they can find. I'm a bit different particularly when entering a new market & also liking "oddballs".

There I look for the best condition for the least money I can find then expect to spend the next year making it the way I want it to be.

Am fortunate in that Florida seems to be an oddball magnet and usually find what I am looking for on Craigslist though Autotrader and RVTrader are also consuted. Will admit that when bought the Vixen I just sent an email to every Florida owner in the roster.

Paid well under ten large for mine (was on the clearance lot at a Camping World so also received all kinds of Good Sam bennies and a free brake controller (which I replaced with a used Prodigy).

Had purchased the heep two years before and one criteria then was the factory towing package despite having little to tow but had already decided that a trailer was going to replace the RV.

And have spent about three large making everything functional (grand to replace the awning, add the solar, rework the DC distribution, replace fasteners with stainless, go to 15" tires, add rear view camera, bluetooth radio, Infotainment center, and now the generator shootout).

Opinion:
1) Trailmanor is the closest starting place to what I want
2) My 2720SL is now close to what I want but still some deficiencies. Can fix.
3) What I really want is a 2922KS modded the same way (and some others) but no rush.
4) Think TM could make profit selling some of my mods as options.