View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 10:08 AM   #9
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveinfl View Post
Tentcamper - I am curious about a couple of things. I have a 2619. I am going to do a brake job on it. My drums I don't think I will need to change. Did you change the backing plate and all? If so was everything assembled already? I cleaned my brakes last summer. They didn't look too bad and they have made it well over 4000 miles since. They are now squeaking really bad and it just bothers me. Anything else in particular that you ran into when you did your brake job? Dave
Yes I got the full assembly for about $46 each for the never-adjust. For the most part it was pull the drums, un-bolt the 4 nuts on the backing plate, disconnect the wires and bolt on the new backing plate and re-wire and dress the wires.

I re-packed my bearings, roughed up the brake shoe and magnet surface on the drums. Also, I tested the shoe tightness before tightening up the large spindle nut. So I could pull it off and loosen the adjustment if needed.

I also, got 2 adjuster plugs. which the never-adjuster assembly has 2 holes per backing plate, un-like the standard brake with one. I also ordered new nuts to get my order on etrailer to $99.

PS on etrailer when I look up the never-adjust brakes I needed, they did have a few youtube's including instructions and one for selecting the correct size. I would double check the measurements of the drums, width of shoes and center to center of the bolts before ordering.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote