View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 09:02 AM   #3
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

I don't think you want to lower the front? Maybe a little higher front will help closing the front???

I know one time I opened the camper when it was not level front to rear. Very hard to close on the shell that was lower. I was working against gravity. But the higher side shell talks no effort and I had to work at keeping it from closing to fast.

I know gravity does help to open and close the shells.

- I would level or make the front a little lower than the rear. The rear will close in a snap, but the front will be very heavy.

- Than rise the front past level, so it is higher and that will help in pushing back the front shell, but the rear will be very hard.

If you have issues opening it you could do the opposite on the leveling to have gravity help. But play with it, it does not take much off level to get help. So do a little off level and see how it is, than add a little more if need until it works for you.

I know with my camper the front is not bad to close when I push the front center when it's level. So maybe you can get another TM owner in the area to take a look at how hard it is to close?? Maybe the front shell needs to be adjusted a little.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote