View Single Post
Old 03-03-2015, 07:06 PM   #63
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zartoon View Post
Great advice on the generators. I'm going to take your advice and play it slow and see what we'll need.

I realized the question I asked about the latch was vague, and since the trialer is at my in-laws (a bit far), I cant have a picture of it right now.

what I meant was the hold down latch for the damper. Basically..the 4 "latches" that hold down the trailer (not the corner, lockable latches). The ones that have a lever you pull to release. The bracket that they "hook" latches to, on the underside of each trailer (2 each). The sheet metal screws have worked themselves loose. it seems this has happened a few times, so they moved the brackets a little this way or that way to get some new aluminum to screw into. Seems like a design flaw.
My thought was to get a strip of steel, thread it for machine screws so they dont strip out, and then rivet it on to the aluminum with 4-5 rivets.
how do other people fix this problem?
I understand. I had two of mine pull out while towing cross country. It's a symptom of the roofs bouncing slightly on the highway and being set too tight. There is a bit of adjustment in the latching mechanism. The bar on the underside of the roof can be repaired. There is a kit from TM. It's a known issue as you surmise. Essentially 4 lag screws, (2 on each end of steel plate). I've replaced all 4 of mine. My TM is in storage as well and I don't have access to it until the week of the 20th when I take it out for spring break week.

RV

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote