View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 11:10 AM   #14
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Bailey's Mom -

In my 2720SL, the battery is in the rear compartment. On the battery's negative post, there are two wires - one white and one bare (might also be green on some trailers). The bare wire is the primary ground, and runs to a connection on the frame only a couple feet away from the battery. The white wire runs up to the converter, where it terminates at the ground "buss bar" inside the converter housing. There is another ground connection from that buss bar to the frame somewhere up there. But the bare wire is the main one.

In addition, every light has two wires, hot and ground. The ground wire is simply screwed to the aluminum skin of the trailer right at the fixture, and since the aluminum skin is attached to the frame, the light circuit is completed this way. When a single light doesn't work, a loose ground at the fixture is often the culprit.

But the primary ground for the entire system is the bare wire at the battery.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey'sMom View Post
I would love to see some close up pictures of the ground wires and their location on the TM. I keep hearing about checking for bad grounds, but honestly don't think I would know one if I saw one.

Thanks
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote