View Single Post
Old 12-29-2003, 06:41 AM   #6
Chris_Bauer

Default Re:Goodyear Blowout

Denny, good point and it makes a lot of sense. I will get my answer today. I was commenting to friends that this is a good learning experience. Fortunately, no damage was done to the trailer and no one was hurt.

A few points of interest:

I always checked the pressure on my spare but without removing it. Bad idea. Get to know your spare and how to remove it. The bolts that hold my spare are about six inches long and I could not remove the lugs with the tire iron. A pair of pliers were not very helpful but did the trick.

Second, my spare had a key lock which I took for granted was the same as the TM keys. Wrong. I had no key and had to pop the lock off before getting to the spare. It was easy and presented no problem.

Third, my flashlights were in the TM along with some tools. Lucky for us all of this took place during daylight.

I was a Boy Scout who has always believed in being prepared. Shame on me, I guess I need to go back and visit that valuable manual. Bottom line, I made too many assumptions and will now be more aware. GET TO KNOW YOUR SPARE TIRE. IT LOOKS PRETTY SITTING BACK THERE BUT MAKE SURE IT WORKS FOR YOU .