View Single Post
Old 12-14-2003, 07:32 PM   #5
Denny_A
Former TM Owner

Default Re:Hold Down Bar Problem

[quote author=NeedTMSanDiego link=board=2;threadid=1562;start=msg11090#msg11090 date=1071378703]
Thanks Denny that does sound like my problem.
Did you put the new parts in yourself. If the dealer put them in how much did it cost? How much for the parts?

I love this site. Thanks for the help.
David
[/quote]

David,

Factory did it GRATIS! I stopped there when returning from a trip to Fl.

The modified bracket/bar assembly has a strap which extends beyond the existing "screw attachment" area. Straps are pre-drilled with 4 holes. So, if one were to get them from the factory (best bet), then it is a simple thing to use the strap as a drill guide. I assume that self threading, sheet metal screws are included with the bracket. Don't know whether instructions are included.

I was on the floor of the bay, at the Lake City facility, where Donny Pelke and company did the work. Watched him install one of the mods. He was very careful. It is not a difficult job, given the proper drill size and a sharp bit. The molding shreds easily, even using a sharp bit, and the aluminum, of the reinforcement bar, can do the same if the bit is even a little bit dull.

If TM are charging for "moded" brackets, I'm sure it will be reasonable. TM parts are fairly priced - most here would agree.

HTH,

Denny_A
Denny_A is offline   Reply With Quote