Thread: Winter Camping
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 07:39 AM   #1
daveinfl

Default Winter Camping

I know many of you have done winter camping. With as many TrailManors as their are in Colorado, maybe you have some good advice.

We are taking our 2619 to Virginia next week. Depending on the weather, we may take it on to Toldedo, Ohio after Christmas for a few days. My TV is ready for the trip with a fresh service and new tires. But my 2619 I'm feeling is not fully prepared. I was hoping to find a thread on Winter Camping. Might be a suggestion for the future.

Here are a couple questions.

1. Should I travel with the water tank full or empty? Where we are stopping we will have shore power and water.
2. The toilet I know will need antifreeze. Do you use the antifreeze and other chemicals at the same time?
3. I have purchased noodles to go around the beds as suggested to reduce drafts. Should I look anywhere else for drafts? Oh, I also added some insulation around the plumbing.
4. I see they sell foam inserts for the roof vents. Are they really needed .... or is it good to have a little air flow?
5. When driving into cold weather should tire pressure on the 2619 be increased, decreased or exactly what it says on the tire wall?
6. Will the weight of snow cause any serious problems?

This is our first adventure into cold. So any advice would be appreciated.

Dave
2006 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer
with tow package
daveinfl is offline   Reply With Quote