View Single Post
Old 11-11-2003, 01:13 PM   #8
RockyMtnRay
TrailManor Master

Default Re:Best Fall Colors are in the Midwest!

[quote author=K and P Camping link=board=18;threadid=1521;start=msg10750#msg1075 0 date=1068578145]
Canoecopia! Ahhh, a subject dear to my heart!

For those of you who don't know, Canoecopia is a huge canoeing/kayaking show run by a paddling shop named Rutabaga's (really!) in Madision, WI. This year it is 12-14 March, 2004. Get your lodging reservations early; hotels fill up every year. There is also a bicycle show and a small RV show at the same time in other buildings next to the convention center. I go every year and drool. I usually buy at least one thing (usually lots of things :-*), and this year I'm looking for a nice beaver tail paddle. There are dozens and dozens of exhibitors for equipment, outfitting, and vacations. There are also nationally recognized speakers. The weather is traditionally nasty, almost always cold and frequently with snow. It's worth it if you're a paddling nut like I am. Look for a woman with a name badge saying "CanoePam"; that's me.
www.canoecopia.com

BTW: I have no financial relationship with Canoecopia, except I always spend money!

Pam
3 canoes (Old Town Pack, Old Town Penobscot 17, Mad River Explorer)
1 kayak (Folbot Greenland II)
1 Bass Buddy (this one even has a motor : )
[/quote]

Dang, Pam, that's quite a flotilla you have there!

BTW, how do you like your Folbot? That's a brand that's on my short list because I want the ease of storage & transport that a folding boat provides. From what I've read, I gather that Folbot kayaks are exceptionally stable, but wonder how much performance you give up to get that stability.

Oh, and I will definitely be looking for that "CanoePam" nametag at Canoecopia. Speaking of which, about when can one start making lodging reservations? I've gotten myself on Rutabaga's mailing list already but don't want to miss out on getting convenient lodging while waiting for the Canoecopia Gazette to make it out here via snail mail.
RockyMtnRay is offline   Reply With Quote