View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 11:03 AM   #7
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELM-JLM View Post
I have seen and read a lot about the SS and like what I see! The reason I haven't acted on it is, I have used the old way for so long and have had no mishaps! Besides that, I have seldom been to a dump station that didn't have a line! I, for one, would be peeved if the guy ahead of me was watching a hose and waiting for it to run clear! The dump, rinse and go is SOP! On a campsite w/sewer the SS is ideal if you are there for awhile since its nearly odor free while in use and very clean!

PS: Billy, can the SS water flow be reversed to do a secondary rinse?
Dave did a good job with his answer so I will just add to it:

The Sewer Solution has an adjustable jet that you can point
1. Directly towards the hose.
2. Directly towards the Drain Pipe.
3. Or anywhere between the drain pipe & the 3/4" drain hose.

I personally have found if I point it at a slight angle to the 3/4" hose it breaks up solids well & drains good.

After it finishes I always back flush the Drain pipe into the Thetford as much as it can get that is. Which seems to work well as I have said since I had to open ours up for repair in 2010.

P.S. I would never use it at a public Dump Station due to it being slower draining because it uses a 3/4" drain hose. But it would make it allot easier to drain maybe at your house if needed.

One of my favorite things about the SS is it is very clean & even self cleans itself before storage. Oh & it also is very compact although I still carry my Standard Sewer Hose also just in case it is needed.

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote