View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 04:39 PM   #6
pauloh

Default some progress...wedge removal question

Using Bill's tutorial:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=5889

I'm at step 8 where I have my hook and am trying to remove the plastic wedge on each side under the toilet. Bill's photo shows them removed, so I know what they look like. But I am not clear on what to hook onto, I don't see a "big end"? It looks to me like the wedges need to be PUSHED away, but I'm sure that's wrong. If someone who has done it can comment on my photo, that would be great. I'm using a tent stake per Bill's suggestion, held with a vise grip. 100 lbs. of weight (books in boxes) on the toilet seat to try to make it easier to pull the wedge once I understand what I'm supposed to pull on. Is it #1 or back there at #2 (forgive the nomenclature!) Didn't want to break that plastic wedge pulling hard on the wrong thingie.

Bill wrote:
8. The toilet is held down by a pair of sliding wedges (Photo 4). The next step is to lie down on your belly, and peer under the toilet with a flashlight. To the left and right of center, you will see the big end of each wedge, resting in a brass-colored track. Reach in with your hook tool, drop the end of the hook over the end of each wedge, and pull it toward you until you feel it release. You may have to pull hard, and it may help to have someone else sit or stand on the toilet lid to take some of the pressure off the wedges.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20130610-4511 Thetford wedge.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	342.2 KB
ID:	8565  
TV: 2007 Toyota 4Runner, V8, 4x4
Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller
Reese 49586-020 Trunnion WDH
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
pauloh is offline   Reply With Quote