View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 02:40 PM   #10
Redtail Cruiser
TrailManor Master

Hi All,

Just thought that I would share our first outing with our new (to us) 2720. We decided to try someplace fairly local and chose Joshua Tree National Park and after reading about the different campgrounds there, we picked Indian Cove. So the day comes to leave and we're both battling a slight case of food poisoning from some take-out food from two days earlier, but we had been looking forward to our maiden voyage so much, having been all packed up for over a week already, we decided to go anyway.

I really appreciated the low profile of our TM because the winds were whipping up pretty good on the drive out there. Big rigs were changing lanes without meaning to. So after only two pit stops to deal with the food poisoning we made it to our destination, only to find out the sight we picked should probably had been designated a tent sight only. It had huge boulders separating the vehicle parking area from the actual campsite. The website clearly indicated it was for RV's up to 30 ft. I got to test my trailer parking skills on my first trip. Only took me about 15 minutes to shoe horn parallel park our TM into the vehicle parking area so we wouldn't be facing the road and give us a wind break ( no awning used on that trip). Got the barbeque fired up to cook dinner and hear comes the dust storm. Food was a little gritty, but tasted good anyway. Long story short we got rained on the next morning and the wind persisted the whole day, but we stuck it out and had a reasonably good time. We figure if we enjoyed "that" camping trip we will absolutely enjoy the next one. LOL

"A man creates his own legacy. Create a legendary life"
Redtail Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote