PDA

View Full Version : New Elkmont 26 ft RV

countrygirl
04-06-2010, 06:37 AM
I saw this posted on the Yahoo site. If it is already posted here please pull the thread.

http://trailmanor.com/WebDocs/whatsnew/images/elkmont26flyer2.pdf

...and...no I am not lucky like the Shrimp Burrito...I have not won one. ;)

ShrimpBurrito
04-06-2010, 08:02 AM
...and...no I am not lucky like the Shrimp Burrito...I have not won one. ;)

You may just have to wait until next April 1.....:D

Dave

brulaz
04-06-2010, 08:33 AM
It's nice that they post the approx dry weight with the usual options (awning, air conditioner and so on) of 3420# and the hitch weight of 340#.

That's 440# more than our 24' Elkmont with those options. The extra axle, 2 ' of frame and stuff adds up.

The extra axle also reduces the hitch weight to only 10% of trailer weight. That and the extra length of the trailer will make sway control essential on this one, I think. Although you won't need much weight distribution with only 340# + 40# propane + ??

The stove may be under the sofa? I see a vent under it. Wonder about the bathroom. In a semi-enclosed place like this keeping all parts warm or cool is more difficult.

BOB_STRONG
04-06-2010, 07:24 PM
We will be going to Bryant's RV on Sat. to order our new Elkmont 26. I have been in contact with Keith Hulsey at TrailManor for several months regarding this new model. We sold our 2002 3326 King outright, and we can't wait for the new one to arrive. It is supposed to be made April 22nd. The production schedule for the new Elkmont 26 will run from the 14th until the 28th. They now are running TrailManors in blocks for production.

We already have a sway bar for our 3326 King plus I already have weight distribution bars for the 3326 King. I am sure my Durango with the Hemi will do just fine since the new Elkmont weighs just what our 3326 King does.

The furnace is going to be moved to under the side dinette in the new production run. The picture with the vent under the sofa was one of the 3 prot-types that went out west. The furnace will be ducted into the bathroom, and a duct will also go to the bedroom plus the furnace will blow out into the kitchen/living area.

We had several changes made that they don't have already on the current Elkmont. The large orange stripe & rear smaller stripe will be switched to a charcoal gray color. Also, they are adding on the outside a sewer hose storage tube just like on the TrailManor mini. Also, they are adding a mirror on the outside of the bathroom door, and also adding a 4th door on the bathroom closet so the bottom shelf is only open.

We can't wait to get it, and use it for Memorial Day.

countrygirl
04-06-2010, 09:57 PM
You may just have to wait until next April 1.....:D

Dave

OKay...I will!

Bill & Lisa
04-23-2010, 11:26 AM
Well Bob, the big day is here! How is it? Any photos to share?

BOB_STRONG
04-23-2010, 08:31 PM
On Wed, Keith Hulsey called me regarding one of the modifications on the new Elkmont. They started it down the assembly line on Tuesday. He said it should be finished next week, and then shipped to Bryant's RV the first week of May. We can't wait to pick it up. It will seem strange not having to open up the TrailManor after 3 TrailManors and 17 years of owning them

I will post pictures once we take delivery. Someone on the forum will have to guide me regarding posting them. I don't have any idea how to do it. Any help would sure be appreciated.

curlyontop
04-23-2010, 09:06 PM
Hope all works well for you.