PDA

View Full Version : New Web Page

oilspot
08-29-2002, 11:23 PM
I've started building a web page with photos of things I've talked about on this board.

Not as good as Happytrails, but it gives you an idea of some of the little projects I've done.

I hope to add more pictures as I get time...

http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-oilspot

ccc6588
02-29-2004, 07:04 PM
Very nice.

Bill
02-29-2004, 08:33 PM
Welcome back! Haven't heard much from you in a while. We missed you.

Bill

jbeletti
03-25-2004, 06:34 PM
oilspot,

Your drawer/microwave stand project is really neat. Is it semi-permanent? Do you remove it when towing?

Where did you find a matching drawer-front and handle? Thanks,

Jim

Bill
03-26-2004, 08:31 AM
Jim -

We haven't seen Oilspot here for a while - which is sad, he's a great contributor - so in case he misses your query, I'll answer part of it. The drawer/microwave stand has to be moved before folding the TM, since the rear bed slides into this location (at least on the 2720).

Bill

jbeletti
03-26-2004, 10:13 AM
Bill and T_C,

Thanks for the input. Any idea where he sourced the drawer front and drawer pull? TM factory perhaps...

Jim

jniles
03-26-2004, 10:33 AM
What's toilet paper? U Texans git all the new stuff!

B_and_D
03-26-2004, 01:07 PM
When we had our cabover camper the TP used to unroll. It doesn't do that with our TM. Not sure why.

I've heard other people with RV's say that it happens to them, too. Some of them put a rubber band around the roll before they travel, you can just slip it off to the side when you're parked.

Bill
03-26-2004, 01:52 PM
Jim Beletti askedWhere did you find a matching drawer-front and handle?I dug up Oilspot's original post from when he built the thing. See http://www.trailmanorowners.com/yabbse/index.php?board=7;action=display;threadid=958;star t=msg6713#msg6713

And T_C asked A funny thing about my TM; when towed for a couple of hundred miles, the toilet paper unrolls and there is about 6 feet of paper unrolled and hanging loose on top of the MW. Anyone else ever experience this?Yup, it unrolls for us. We just take the roll off the spindle and drop it in the sink or the tub with whatever else is travelling there - wherever there is space.

Bill

jbeletti
03-26-2004, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the thread link Bill.

RockyMtnRay
03-27-2004, 05:16 AM
oilspot,

Your drawer/microwave stand project is really neat. Is it semi-permanent? Do you remove it when towing?

Where did you find a matching drawer-front and handle? Thanks,

Jim

Jim...

A MW stand w/drawer is (or at least was) a factory option...it was one of the accessories I ordered with my trailer. Unlike Oilspot's, mine not only has a matching drawer front but also the laminate on its top matches the other cabinet tops in the galley area. Check with your dealer or directly with TM, the item is probably order-able. My memory is hazy on the cost but I sorta recall it was around $50.

As others have noted, it is moveable for travel. Being a mostly boondock camper I seldomly have electrical hookups...so I have particularly appreciated having the an extra drawer for small "stuff" more than a place to put a MW.

jbeletti
04-12-2004, 09:47 PM
Hi Ray,

Just to post a followup on this - today I ordered the Microwave Box w/Drawer from my dealer (www.dannyscampers.com). I made a deal with Dan Lange on the unit, but he tells me it's a $125 option - just to update all on the price. This is probably the factory list price.

We're doubting we'll need or want a microwave for our weekend-only excursions, but the drawer space is what I really want.

Thanks,

Jim