PDA

View Full Version : Fake email re TMO?

Bill
03-09-2009, 09:53 AM
One of our members received an unsolicited email which said it contained a new TMO password. I don't know what this is about, but if you get a similar message, leave it alone unless Chris publicly (on this board) advises otherwise. To the best of my knowledge, if you have a working password, this board will NEVER send out a new one unsolicited. So who knows what will happen if you click on it or use it?

If you get this email, and you'd like to forward it to Chris to help in any investigation, you will need to include the full header information, which is usually hidden. If you use Thunderbird, hit View > Headers > All. In Outlook the sequence is similar.

Bill

Chris
03-11-2009, 09:15 PM
All,
Bill is spot on. I don't send out unsolicited emails, especially not password information, unless you've requested it through the website. I don't sell our information, and I don't let others email you for any reason unless it's related to a post.

Please send me any information that you might have and I'll unleash on them as best as I can. Thank you!
Ct..