PDA

View Full Version : Trailmanor new upright camper

wmtire
10-07-2008, 07:40 AM
I saw this on the yahoo group about trailmanor building an upright camper. Guess it is true.

http://trailmanor.com/WebDocs/upright/upright-trailer.html

EDIT: I guess we will have to make a new section just for this type. Now, those who need to move to a regular trailer with a walkaround bed, (like Chap) can stay in the Trailmanor family. :)

Bluegrass
10-07-2008, 08:20 AM
I got an e-mail from Trailmanor announcing the new upright. But when i went to their website, i couldn't find any pricing on it. It doesn't appear in the "Showroom" or in "Build your Trailmanor." Anyone know the price of this puppy?

The walk-around queen is nice and it looks like it has a larger refrigerator and freezer, though it's hard to see for sure. But only a 20 gallon water tank. Also has a black water tank which suggests that it has a conventional rather than recirculating head.

Interesting.

Scott O
10-07-2008, 08:37 AM
WmTires' post link above has rather complete photos as well as specs on the new trailer. It has some features I like, but some are so-so. The bed is cool, but it takes almost half of the floor space. Amenities are excellent as we have come to expect from TM. One major thing is missing...there are no pullouts, which would seem to me to be mandatory in a full sized trailer. Maybe TM's lightweight construction just won't handle a pullout, at least from the side. Overall an interesting first effort. But it still won't fit in my garage!

wmtire
10-07-2008, 10:53 AM
WmTires' post link above has rather complete photos as well as specs on the new trailer. It has some features I like, but some are so-so. The bed is cool, but it takes almost half of the floor space. Amenities are excellent as we have come to expect from TM. One major thing is missing...there are no pullouts, which would seem to me to be mandatory in a full sized trailer. Maybe TM's lightweight construction just won't handle a pullout, at least from the side. Overall an interesting first effort. But it still won't fit in my garage!

Yeah, a pullout would be nice. I wonder if there are going to be more models forthcoming.

cali camping
10-07-2008, 11:27 AM
I'm just guessing here, but considering the construction methods used, I doubt you will ever see a pull-out in this trailer line. This first model looks like a great attempt though.
If I hadn't just bought my 2720 I would be seriously considering this.
I'm sure since it only comes with 20 gal. water tank and that tank also feeds the toilet, an option for additional water tanks will be an option. I would also like to see a double sink in all TMs. Is there anyone here who doesn't want a double sink in the kitchen?
It will be a little dark inside due to the lack/size of windows.
Window on door doesn't open?
Screen door available?
Why no window above the bed or in the bathroom?

lnussbau
10-07-2008, 12:06 PM
I was a tad surprised a few minutes ago when I looked at the TM site. They now have a new 24 foot "upright" (non-folding) trailer model: TM Upright (http://trailmanor.com/WebDocs/upright/upright-trailer.html)

Looks pretty inside, but from the pix it's no roomier than my 2720SL, though the full size fridge and a few other things seem attractive.

Joseph
10-07-2008, 12:18 PM
Well I be ( fill in the blank )!

How about that. Good to see the company expanding into different areas.

Maybe when I get to old to open my 2720SL....:)

Hey TM! Congrats to you!

Looks good from here.

wmtire
10-07-2008, 12:20 PM
Don't take this as gospel, but I am hearing it will be priced around 26K.

ng2951
10-07-2008, 01:28 PM
Looks interesting. I do not see why you cannot build slide outs except for the expense.

Beak12
10-07-2008, 02:18 PM
I'm not sure how I feel about this new TM. Hope they don't stop giving most of their energy to the style that made them famous.

Al-n-Sue
10-07-2008, 03:26 PM
Looking at the TM TT from the side, it looks like they took a standard 3124 frame and put an upright box on it. If you look closely, a lot of the interior looks like a regular TM - the cabinets look the same, sink, range/oven, monitor panels, fixtures, etc. I'm sure TM has optimized their production lines to accommodate this model.

Upside - all (well, most) the things that people complain about or wish for are included, in a light weight trailer.
Downside - wind resistance and no garage storage.

But the typical TM quality shines through.

mtnguy
10-07-2008, 03:44 PM
Well, it looks like I bought my conventional travel trailer about a week too soon.:mad:

I coulda bought this, and still be a member of the Trailmanor family.

My timing has been all wrong lately. I bought a bunch of S&P ETFs a couple of weeks ago, and the S&P today traded at it's lowest in 5 years.......if only I would have waited on that, also. :rolleyes:

Chap

wmtire
10-07-2008, 03:50 PM
Well, it looks like I bought my conventional travel trailer about a week too soon.:mad:

I coulda bought this, and still be a member of the Trailmanor family.

My timing has been all wrong lately. I bought a bunch of S&P ETFs a couple of weeks ago, and the S&P today traded at it's lowest in 5 years.......if only I would have waited on that, also. :rolleyes:

Chap

Hey Chap. maybe we can tell this story to Trailmanor, and they'll trade you for theirs......to keep you in the family. I strongly believe that one of the reasons they are building this new trailer is to keep loyal trailmanor owners like yourself who want to stay in the fold, but didn't have a choice when needing other things (like walkaround beds). ;)

Scott O
10-07-2008, 03:55 PM
Chap, you will always be a member of the TM family! When I joined one of the first things I noticed was that cool picture of your trailer on the narrow road and wondered how you got turned around! Keep on postin'!

camp2canoe
10-07-2008, 04:12 PM
I'll bet it is a bear to fold to put in the garage and I'm wondering what tool is best for accomplishing that - a Sawzall or a chainsaw? (Drumroll, please.) I agree with John that I'm a little disappointed that TM isn't concentrating their efforts in their signature folding models. What's next? Fifth wheels and diesel pushers? - camp2canoe

grill-n-go
10-07-2008, 05:48 PM
I like it. Yet, no one thing is for everyone. It's seems to match up well against the Takena model made by Chalet on the west coast. But, it will not convert me.

I still prefer:

- Low profile towing
- Garage storage
- How it gets much bigger after you get there.

PopBeavers
10-07-2008, 05:49 PM
Looks interesting. I do not see why you cannot build slide outs except for the expense.
And the weight. And the increase height requirement to have a floor frame for the slide out that goes over the top of the main frame.

grakin
10-07-2008, 06:24 PM
It looks like they built a light trailer that addresses most of the criticisms the TM gets - folding, flush toilet, larger fridge, high cabinets. I can't imagine going long with a 20 gallon fresh tank and flush toilet though.

It is certainly an interesting surprise, though!

BrigCA61
10-08-2008, 02:40 AM
Wow, that's pretty spiffy! They sure come up with some surprises without even a leak of a hint before it's released!! Wow!! I wonder what kind of mileage these get with the added wind drag compared to the folding TM. It seems amazingly light - I like it too! Anyone find a price tag on it yet?

BrigCA61
10-08-2008, 02:53 AM
It says you have a choice between the standard flush or recirculating toilet.

Al-n-Sue
10-08-2008, 07:56 AM
Happened to talk to my salesman at the Car Show - he thinks the base will be about $26k with a typical delivered model about $30k with options. That's about the price range of an outfitted 3124 or 3326 I think.

ng2951
10-08-2008, 11:23 AM
And the weight. And the increase height requirement to have a floor frame for the slide out that goes over the top of the main frame.If you stick with the same materials and construction techniques it will still be lighter than other slideout models. It would likely be a lot more expensive because these materials are not cheap.

I guess one of the other questions would be that if you went with the recirculating toilet, does that give you additional fresh water capacity??

Bill
10-08-2008, 04:12 PM
A few years ago, TM took a flyer in another direction - the 2619 Sport. I don't think it survived the first year. This one looks to me to have a better chance - but it will have to compete with all the other lightweight uprights. The next few months should be interesting, as the market shrinks but the market for small lightweight trailers holds steady or expands. I think TM may know more about lightweights, and that may be the primary selling point - and point of success - of this new model.

The "towabilty" aspects are going to be interesting, since many of the arguments in favor of towing a conventional TM with a small vehicle have used low wind resistance as a justification.

But ... isn't that a handsome trailer? Especially the interior. I love it!

Bill

Tuscany Bandit
10-08-2008, 05:18 PM
You are right on Bill.

We are going to a RV Show (the biggest in California) this weekend and hope that the trailer will be there on display. I will email Custom RV (local dealer) and see if that is true.

If the trailer will be on display I will take pictures and post them. If not we probably won't attend.

It sure looks nice!

Jerry

Tuscany Bandit
10-08-2008, 05:22 PM
Yes, the new upright will be at the show!

BrigCA61
10-08-2008, 07:22 PM
Found this at the bottom of two of their pages:

*The base manufacturer's suggested retail price* for the new upright is $23,810, and it comes nicely equipped for under $30,000.
To download a price and option sheet, click here (http://trailmanor.com/WebDocs/upright/pdf/TrailManor%20Upright%20MSRP%20Price%20Sheet.pdf).

*Manufacturer's suggested retail price does not include delivery, dealer preparation, taxes, or title costs. Prices, specifications, standard equipment and available options are subject to change without notice.

Click above where it says "click here"... which takes you to a specs/options page with pricing.

ng2951
10-08-2008, 07:38 PM
I agree that it will probably do better than the Sport.

It would be interesting to see the tow figures. The equipment had better be good or they will have trouble selling it against other lightweights.

Frankly they are using the better materials. The stuff they are using is amazing strong and light.

Joe
10-08-2008, 10:24 PM
We were at the factory last week and Bill Hulsey showed us one they were still building. In fact, I think it was the first one. They are using all the weight saving ideas from the fold down models. The steel chassis, which they build themselves, is the same as the 3124. The wall construction and the counter tops are the same. The bathtub is the same one they use in the fold downs but they have put hard plastic walls on 3 sides. They build their own cabinets and they were installing some them while we were there.
My biggest surprise is that we saw it on Wednesday and this Monday they had pictures of it on the web page. That is fast work. They are not abandoning the fold down line. This will fill the niche of people who want the TT convenience but want something light weight. They have done wind tunnel tests to get the best slope for the front surface.
By the Way; there is storage space under the bed.
One more thing: At the back of the passage between the refrigerator and the bathroom there is a built-in bench. Bill said the dimensions are just right for him to sit on and put on his socks.

Scott O
10-09-2008, 09:24 AM
Couldn't help but notice the 15" wheels...

tgpmd1
10-09-2008, 09:11 PM
I've been thinking about a Trailmanor for a while. Does anyone know when it may be available to order? Thanks!

wmtire
10-10-2008, 03:40 AM
I've been thinking about a Trailmanor for a while. Does anyone know when it may be available to order? Thanks!

Tgpmd1, if you are talking about "this" brand new upright Trailmanor (because up until this week, the folding versions were the only Tmanors available), then I would assume it is available for order now........since they have posted it on the Trailmanor website, with pricing.

A quick call to your nearest Trailmanor dealer (link below), should be able to confirm this.

http://www.trailmanor.com/pages/dealer-search/

Virginia Deacon
10-10-2008, 08:11 AM
I'm disappointed that TrailManor's home page applies this nomenclature to the existing TrailManor. Sounds like a hybrid with hard sidewalls and canvas bunk ends. I'll continue to refer to our TrailManor as a Travel Trailer. Don't know if their term for the new model ("Upright") will stick. Does that make our TrailManors "Downright?" Aren't they both ""Travel Trailers?" :p

Mr. Adventure
10-10-2008, 12:52 PM
Being misunderstood by the rest of the RV industry is part of the TM heritage, I guess.

On a new subject:
I've frequently volunteered to take the point on lighter tow vehicles for towing TrailManors. I'm less sure I'll be doing that with this new model. It's larger side sail area relative to it's weight and it's higher center of gravity make me a little less comfortable until we have some real world experience.

A most memorable thing about towing a full height travel trailer is the swing dance one gets to do with overtaking vehicles one lane to the left who are going 15mph or so faster, first shoving the front of the trailer left (rear of trailer pushed right by the pressure wave caused by the passing vehicle) and thereby pushing the TV to the right, and a moment later shoving the trailer front right and the TV left just as the overtaking vehicle is passing alongside in the left lane. This behavior can be made worse, IMO, by heavy trailer to TV weight ratios, length of the trailer, a short TV wheelbase, and softness in the TV suspension (and a too lightly set WDH or a rear loaded trailer would make it all worse as well). It's possible that none of these would be adequately considered in a manufacturer's tow ratings, where they might be thinking only about engine power, braking, and transmission durability.

From the TrailManor website:
"TrailManor provides uniquely easy towing per pound due to the very low wind drag and the very stable ride resulting from axle placement."

"Light duty towing of a well-balanced trailer a few hundred pounds above the rating is much safer than towing a lighter, poorly balanced unit with a tendency to sway. Also, towing an upright trailer with large frontal area at highway speeds can damage a transmission even if the trailer weight is below the tow rating. "

Beak12
10-11-2008, 10:13 PM
Went to the Pomona CA RV show this weekend (Friday and Sat)(runs from the 10-19 Oct) Stopped at the TM site they did not have the new full size TM there Mat said he Hoped/thinks it will show up sometime tomorrow. (http://www.customrvsales.com/index.html

DC Randy
10-16-2008, 05:12 PM
I just got the email today and downloaded the PDF brochure. I am SO tempted to try and sell my '08 2720SL and see if I could get one! Wow!

My only concern is would there be towing sway. I've never had ANY sway towing the 2920SL. But I gotta tell you how jealous I am of my sister and her family and their upright when it comes to breaking down...they beat me by a good hour.

Maybe wait another year, since buying the "first" of anything new is always a bit risky. Can't wait to go inside one.

penny48656
10-24-2008, 06:01 PM
Personally I'd miss the sofa and bench seat. Loved the extra storage in the bathroom. Counterspace seems less as well.

markandanne
11-29-2008, 10:05 PM
We had to drop off our 3124KB today for a little unanticipated warranty work on the way back from a week-long trip down to Austin, TX and back (see Mark's separate posts). We hadn't planned the stop at The Car Show in advance but it made more sense to drop her off on the way home since we had to drive through the Springs to get back to Longmont. Anyway, as we were pulling in I spied the new upright parked at the back of the building in the service area. I just had to ask if I could take a quick peek at the unit while we were there. They were doing some work on it and said it was a mess but I was welcome to look.

Some VERY QUICK impressions of the unit at The Car Show:

- Really long tongue on the unit because the batteries are stored just inside the front and there needs to be area for the door to swing out behind the propane tanks. Adds at least two additional (wasted) feet to the overall length of the unit.
- Fit and finish inside comparable to the anniversary edition. Upgraded sound system.
- Bathroom feels noticeably bigger - might even have room to turn around. :) No shower curtain excess. Floor-to-ceiling storage next to the toilet that appears to be useable. I think that the model we saw had the flush toilet since it wasn't the familiar recirculating model but I didn't think to ask.
- Didn't get a chance to look at the frig or other appliances but they all looked nice and nicely placed. Counter height seemed higher. Fixed hanging cabinets. Looks like more useable storage. Same single-bowl sink.
- Dinette table was not assembled but looks like it would be much sturdier on two 3" or 4" metal legs than our fold-out table. Would make down into a single bed, possibly on the short side but I couldn't be sure without measuring it.
- I saw where someone on the thread mentioned it would be dark inside yet that wasn't our impression.

We really only got the briefest of glimpses since we didn't want to get in the way of the work that was being done. It wouldn't work for us anyway, towing concerns aside, with the 3 girls but it looked like a very nice little trailer for someone who wanted a lightweight unit and didn't mind towing an upright.

Anne

Al-n-Sue
12-01-2008, 01:32 PM
Anne - I haven't seen the one at the Car Show yet, but talking to my salesman indicated that they are still having problems with sway, and it tends to a bit pricy compared to other similar sized TTs - although still lightweight compared to those others.

I think it has a very narrow market, but if the typical TM quality stands out, it could have some interest. It will at least give the dealers something else to show at the RV shows.
Alan

cali camping
01-13-2009, 03:09 PM
Anyone heard if these are available from the dealers yet? Any owners out there?

MK@florida
01-13-2009, 05:02 PM
Trailmanor needs to stick to the models that made the company and focus and IMPROVE the quality on the products currently being manufactured. I know these trailors are designed to be light weight so how about shorting the shower curtain a bit which would eliminate several LBS !

markandanne
01-13-2009, 06:11 PM
Anyone heard if these are available from the dealers yet? Any owners out there?

We went down to the RV show in Denver this past weekend and The Car Show had theirs on the display floor with a SOLD! sign on it so I'd guess they are available although probably in short supply right now.

Al-n-Sue
01-13-2009, 08:38 PM
We went down to the RV show in Denver this past weekend and The Car Show had theirs on the display floor with a SOLD! sign on it so I'd guess they are available although probably in short supply right now.

We were there too! Spent some time at the Car Show booth, but must have not been there when you were! My salesman told me he had sold two of the Elkmonts at the show. Both customers were current TM owners who traded in their old unit because they were just getting too old to raise the tops anymore. He suggested that most of the Elkmont customers would likely be TM owners, since they tend to be pretty loyal.

I thought the unit was pretty nice, well made and with good quality. There is a new model that has a hide-a-bed couch instead of a bed, which gives more living space, but takes away the advantage of not having to set up the bed.

jimbojrxsf
01-18-2009, 07:31 AM
If there is a hideabed option, I believe I have found what I'm looking for. I'll be headed to the factory to scope it out in the next two weeks.

Carol & Lou cornell
01-23-2009, 07:05 PM
This week we picked up our new upright Elkmont Trailmanor. We saw the new model last week at the Florida RV show in Tampa. I had been waiting to see it after reading about it here. It seems to be a better match for us because we travel with our 2 dogs, and it became an inconvenience for us and them when we had no place for them to go when we stopped for shopping or lunch. Either my hubby or me had to stay with them in the car while the other of us ran the errands.
Also, we liked the walk-around bed and especially the larger refrigerator. I spent the last 2 days repacking and reorganizing our spaces inside, and I believe we have a little more space than in the 3124, if you include the underbed storage.
Next week we're taking it on a 3 night "shake-down cruise" about 100 miles away.
Had to tow it home about 50 miles from the dealer. Hubby reported very little sway - almost no difference, even on the interstate. We tow with a 2008 Toyota Highlander. One interesting thing - it weighs less than all the other fold-down TMs of any size.
We're really happy to have this option as we really liked the TM product over the year we had our 3124.

Carol & Lou Cornell
St Petersburg, FL

B_and_D
01-23-2009, 10:10 PM
Good for you!

We love our TM, but we do travel with our 19 year old kitty, so I can appreciate having somewhere to keep your pets when you stop for errands, or to eat.

Here in CA it's illegal to leave your pet in a car when it's hot enough to do them harm (as well it should be), but it's also very hard to find a place to eat where you can bring your pet along. So far we've been able to find fast-food places with outdoor playgrounds or seating areas as acceptable places to take the kitty (we haven't had any complaints), but a lot of the time, I have to sit outside in the shade with the kitty in a pet carrier while the rest of the family eats (that's OK with me though, I don't need to eat fast-food anyway).

It doesn't take that long to open up the TM, but when you're in a hurry, every 20 minutes makes a difference.

Do let us know how you like your new TM.

ameridan
01-25-2009, 09:48 AM
Great to hear that the Highlander pulled the trailer fine without installing sway bars. Did any large semi's pass you during that ride home? Keep us posted - the Elkmont could really catch on if it tows that nicely behind the smaller SUVs/minivans.

JOEALAN
01-26-2009, 08:01 AM
Hi Carol, Lou,

Just wishing you and your spouse great camping trips with your new Elkmount Trailer.
I'm very interested in hearing how your new trailermanor handles on the road. Only if it had a folding bed in order to get a little more living space. Please do keep in touch.

Have a great day!

Joe Silveira

Al-n-Sue
01-26-2009, 08:40 PM
Joe - I've seen a picture of an option that has a folding couch/bed in the front instead of the full bed. The salesman at the RV show in Denver confirmed that it was an option. It DOES provide a lot more room in the living area. You just have to "make" the bed every night.
Alan

Carol & Lou cornell
02-10-2009, 04:55 PM
I posted a response in the new thread for Elkmonts, but wanted to respond to some of the questions above. First, we noticed very little wind sway from big trucks while we were travelling on the Interstate (I-4). We went about 200 miles round trip, most of it on highways. We use a weight distribution hitch and that may help. We noticed that mileage was pretty much the same or a smidge better. The Elkmont's dry weight is about 500 lbs lighter than our 3124.
We felt like we had more "walking around" space inside. We took out the dinette table, covered the holes in the floor that the table legs screw in to with a little throw rug, and that worked great. We used folding TV trays when we needed a table inside. By the way, we rarely used the installed table in our 3124KB because it filled the aisle. We used the TV trays there too.
The Elkmont has a digital TV mounted on the wall by the door and it is on a swivel mount, so you can watch it from the bed or the sofa. We were both able to watch even though one of us watched from the bed and the other from the sofa.
We love the full size refrigerator, and the stove has a separate oven below it and a seperate mocrowave and range hood above. There's enough storge space in the bathroom to store towels. There is less outside storage (there's one compartment in the front behind where the propane tanks are located), but the bed matress raises on haudraulics and there's storage underneath. The matress is about 6" high, so it's thicker than the matresses in the 3124, but not a lot. We have added a padded matress cover and that helps.
There is a full-sized screen door. The dogs loved that - they could watch out the door and comment on passersby.
I guess the biggest difference was when it came time to leave. We moved things that might fall over to the floor or bed, dumped the tanks, put the hoses away, hitched up and left. The fridge automatically switches from electric to gas when you unplug from the power, so we just had to make sure the gas was on. While we never much minded the chores of closing the 3124, (unlike the people in Denver, we don't consider ourselves too old to open and close the 3124) I have to admit this was faster. I don't think we would have traded in the 3124 for any other brand/model than the Elkmont. We're happy we had this opportunity.

BOB_STRONG
02-10-2009, 06:15 PM
We can't wait to see the new Elkmont trailer in person. From what I have heard, they will be making some other sizes and floor plans in the future. I can't wait to see a larger one that would fit our needs after owing two 3326King TrailManors. The floor plan for the 3326King is really nice with all of the counter space plus having a permanent side dinette and also a living room area. A floor plan similar to this in the Elkmont would be just great to have.

ShrimpBurrito
02-10-2009, 06:32 PM
The floor plan for the 3326King is really nice with all of the counter space plus having a permanent side dinette and also a living room area. A floor plan similar to this in the Elkmont would be just great to have.

A 33+ foot trailer is pretty long. For reference, with a traditional TT, my guess is that's a 3-axle trailer, and you don't see those very often. I believe my Sequoia is around 18-feet, which makes for a towing length of 51-feet, or just shy of a normal-length 53-foot trailer from an 18-wheeler. That is long.

Just my opinion....

Dave

B_and_D
02-10-2009, 07:53 PM
Carol & Lou - that is a fine looking trailer!

It is easier to pack up a full-sized travel trailer to leave...we had one and we could throw a lot of stuff inside there quickly.

wmtire
02-11-2009, 03:48 PM
A few years ago, TM took a flyer in another direction - the 2619 Sport. I don't think it survived the first year. This one looks to me to have a better chance - but it will have to compete with all the other lightweight uprights. The next few months should be interesting, as the market shrinks but the market for small lightweight trailers holds steady or expands. I think TM may know more about lightweights, and that may be the primary selling point - and point of success - of this new model.

The "towabilty" aspects are going to be interesting, since many of the arguments in favor of towing a conventional TM with a small vehicle have used low wind resistance as a justification.

Bill

Bill, it appears you are a psychic. :D

I was reading my new Trailer Life magazine (March 2009, page 40) and it was talking about new trends in trailers coming from the 46th Annual National RV Trade Show in Louisville, KY. It is stating that smaller, lighterweight towable trailers with more green components are the current trend. It also showed many new offerings along these lines from other manufacturers. Airstream with a 2000 lb 16 footer, Coachman with a 3500 lb 30 footer, Forest River with 16-18 footers weighing 1900 to 2400 lbs (supposedly one with a slideout), and even Hi-Lo with a new teardrop 16 foot 1400 lb trailer.

The field is definitely growing. Trailmanor can proudly ask what took everyone so long. They've been there for years.;)

larsdennert
02-12-2009, 07:33 PM
They really look nice. Sounds like the wind resistance isn't significantly more.
I'd retrofit a window over the bed. I like all the windows in the folding TM. I've even considered putting a clear skylight over the rear bed to watch the stars. I'd need a shade too.

Where are the batteries? In the brochure they have lights on but no battery on the tongue.

Dixielou
02-12-2009, 08:07 PM
I very much agree with Bob Strong's thinking that a longer Elkmont would be very appealing, especially for those of us that have come to love the floor plan of the longer 3326K. We, too, are on our second 3326K TrailManor and could not easily accept anything with less liveability. I would also second the idea of a window over the bed. The idea of being able to look out any side of a trailer to see what's going on around you certainly adds to one's sense of security. A final thought: The Elkmont is costly and the competition is closing in on TrailManor's nitch of a light weight, easy to tow trailer. I am not quite sure yet that the Elkmont is worth its price, especially when nicely equipped.

Beak12
02-13-2009, 05:47 AM
If there is a hideabed option, I believe I have found what I'm looking for. I'll be headed to the factory to scope it out in the next two weeks.

Went to Custom RV (Near Disneyland) yesteday to pick up my TM (serviced) they had a upright on the lot. Looks much better in person than pictures. Matt had pictures e-mailed to him from the factory showing a hideabed in place of the queen bed. He thinks only dealer got this picture. Becaue it's not on the web site for Uprights. :mad: At 70 years old had th upright be on the market with a hideabed that is the direction I would have gone. It 's even lighter than my 2720SL. :rolleyes:

Al-n-Sue
05-01-2009, 04:52 PM
Just got my June Trailer Life - the cover sports a picture of a new Elkmont begin towed by the new Ford Flex. The Flex has a 4500 lb tow rating.

Will read the article when I get a chance! :D