PDA

View Full Version : Two puppies

Leslie & Nick
09-23-2008, 12:12 PM
Not exactly TM camping pictures, but we DID find these two puppies while camping a while ago. Someone had apparently dumped the pups in the woods. They were not in good shape when we found them as one might guess - starving and mange ridden. We (and the vet) have nursed them back to health, and they're now looking good!

It must have been fate that led these two little dogs to us, as one of my two other dogs had died two weeks earlier, after a long illness - so now we have three dogs instead of two:o

B_and_D
09-23-2008, 12:21 PM
They were lucky to have found you! I'm glad that you're able to give them a good, loving home.

They're adorable!

People occasionally dump off pets near our house (that's how we got one of our cats, the other was born under the house), apparently not having any idea that there are numerous bobcats and coyotes around who would love to make an easy meal out of a small animal. It would be much kinder to leave them at an animal shelter. Shame on the ones who left them there, and kudos to you for taking them in.

Dee

countrygirl
09-23-2008, 02:33 PM
Well said Dee!

2bcs1jrt
09-23-2008, 02:58 PM
Not exactly TM camping pictures, but we DID find these two puppies while camping a while ago. Someone had apparently dumped the pups in the woods. They were not in good shape when we found them as one might guess - starving and mange ridden. We (and the vet) have nursed them back to health, and they're now looking good!

It must have been fate that led these two little dogs to us, as one of my two other dogs had died two weeks earlier, after a long illness - so now we have three dogs instead of two:o

They are adorable. I never could figure out how someone could do that. How heartless.

Well welcome to the world of many dogs! Although, 4 is my limit...really:new_Eyecr

Cheri and the pack

2bcs1jrt
09-23-2008, 03:04 PM
What are their names?

They are adorable. I never could figure out how someone could do that. How heartless.

Well, welcome to the world of many dogs! Although, 4 is my limit...really:new_Eyecr

Cheri and the pack

Leslie & Nick
09-23-2008, 04:05 PM
They are brother and sister - we named the boy "Zeke", and the girl "Grace". It's also beyond me how anyone could just dump little animals like that. The TN woods in which we found them have many coyotes wandering around - I'm surprised that they made it for as long as they did.

They're smart little guys for sure. I have them about 95% housebroken - we have a doggy door and fenced yard so they can go in and out as they please.

2bcs1jrt
09-23-2008, 05:03 PM
Looks like their luck has changed for the better.
Congratulations to all of you!

Cheri

Virginia Deacon
09-23-2008, 05:49 PM
Your compassion will not go unrewarded! Your new puppies have already given you a glimpse of that, haven't they?

Thank you for taking the time to (humbly) share your experience.

In His Care,

nonichris
09-23-2008, 06:55 PM
Thank you for caring for these two sweet pups. It sounds as though they have already greatly enriched your lives. I can't put in writing my total contempt for people who would abandon helpless creatures.

Bill
09-27-2008, 08:56 AM
Bless you.

Bill

Mr. Adventure
09-27-2008, 05:47 PM
They're precious, and I'm glad they found you.

I just showed the pup pictures to the DW. She said "It's a good thing I didn't find them." (because she knew it would have been love at first sight for her, too!)