PDA

View Full Version : My Rig

BluToy
05-23-2008, 11:54 PM
The blue box on the back is a Honda ei 2000 generator that is cable locked to a carrier and the carrier is secured by a locking pin to the TM. I took a rubbermaid storage tub and turned it upside down. I placed the generator on the upside down lid and cover it with the tub. Then straped it down. It allows me enough room to unfold the TM without removing. When I need to use it I uncover it, start it, and plug in. We can't even tell its back there. I can even use it in a down pour being that it is covered by the rear pullout. So far I have carried it over 1000 miles with no trouble.
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee49/wheelerreed/hh.jpg

Duane C.
06-30-2008, 06:42 PM
Will the generator run your AC? Nice job by the way, on the carrier and cover for the generator!

vrlattu
07-01-2008, 05:07 AM
Can you supply some dimensions

What is the rise on the hitch mount?
How far is the edge of the receive mount from the shell?
How tall is the bin?
How far is the bin from the shell?

I am in the process of doing something similar with a truck tooll box on ancarrier and am wonderin how high of a recever height I can get away with

cali camping
07-01-2008, 11:33 AM
The blue box on the back is a Honda ei 2000 generator that is cable locked to a carrier and the carrier is secured by a locking pin to the TM. I took a rubbermaid storage tub and turned it upside down. I placed the generator on the upside down lid and cover it with the tub. Then straped it down. It allows me enough room to unfold the TM without removing. When I need to use it I uncover it, start it, and plug in. We can't even tell its back there. I can even use it in a down pour being that it is covered by the rear pullout. So far I have carried it over 1000 miles with no trouble.

My only concern with this setup is exhaust fumes (primarily the CO2 aspect) and its proximity to the bedroom area. The exhaust will rise and we all know the bed area is one of the highest leak areas on the TM. Ideally the generator should not be operated below an area where people occupy as the heated exhaust fumes will rise. Please see the note on page 7 of your Owners Manual.