PDA

View Full Version : Recreation.gov

BrigCA61
09-08-2007, 05:43 PM
Just a heads up for anyone out there using Recreation.gov to make your camping reservations.... I just got an email from them which actually had a name of "Don Woodruff" in the "from" area and was almost deleted as spam... anyways, it said that my reservation which I made months ago for next weekend had been canceled because they were notified from management that the campground will be enforcing the walk-in season from September 13th, 2007 through the rest of the season. So, if I wanted to camp there, I'd have to do it on a first-come-first-served basis. Well, I think that's pretty lousy...and would have been very upset if I accidentally deleted the email or didn't get it for whatever reason, showed up to find my campsite was already occupied and/or full. When I made the reservation they were already pretty booked.... I am sure they are going to lose money because it was already pretty booked up... I mean how much does it cost to put a man in the booth for the weekend or just post some names with site numbers on the bulletin board for those who had reservations?

Ok, I'm venting a bit, but my point really is to be aware of this if you use recreation.gov............... they may cancel your reservation!