PDA

View Full Version : Trailblazer Dixie Chapter Fall Rally

Leslie & Nick
08-16-2007, 07:01 AM
Is anyone else planning on attending the 2007 Dixie Chapter Fall Rally in Troy AL? The Rally is being held Oct 12-13, at Deer Run RV Park.

Since we're already so far South, we're planning on going to Topsail Hill RV Park in Santa Rosa, FL after the Rally for a few days. Anyone ever been to Topsail Hill? I know this is in middle of hurricane season, but I hope we'll be lucky :) (this time!)

Nick

jimwilly
08-16-2007, 10:11 AM
You will simply love Topsail Hill State Park! Probably our favorite Florida campground. Simply beautiful. Certainly hope you have reservations.

Leslie & Nick
08-16-2007, 10:26 AM
You will simply love Topsail Hill State Park! Probably our favorite Florida campground. Simply beautiful. Certainly hope you have reservations.

We had been wanting to go to Topsail Hill for many years, but the place seemed to be full, no matter when you wanted to go! We had heard some very good reports about the campground. This year, we made online reservations in early spring, for an October stay.

Nick

grlewis1
08-16-2007, 08:14 PM
Yes we have made our reservation for the Fall Rally in Troy Alabama... after we leave the Rally we are heading to the Smokies for the October festivals in Blue Ridge Georgia and then on to Gatlingburg Tennessee to catch the fall folliage.... Hope to see ya around the campfire in Troy.....

Leslie & Nick
08-17-2007, 05:37 AM
Yes we have made our reservation for the Fall Rally in Troy Alabama... after we leave the Rally we are heading to the Smokies for the October festivals in Blue Ridge Georgia and then on to Gatlingburg Tennessee to catch the fall folliage.... Hope to see ya around the campfire in Troy.....

Great! We'll be easily identified as 'being walked' by a large white dog, and a small black one. Your timing should be just about right as far as seeing the leaves change color in Georgia and Tennessee. We've been in a very severe drought this year, so it's anyone's guess as to how this will affect tree coloration. In fact I saw some leaves falling from trees on our property just the other day, but I think it has more to do with a lack of water, rather than an early fall!

Nick