PDA

View Full Version : Green Lane, PA (north of Philly)

grakin
07-09-2007, 08:57 PM
I stayed at Homestead Family Campground. Not a lot of organized activities, and relatively primitive, but quite quiet and very friendly owner. The access road is a bit twisty (the easier approach is closed due to a bridge being out), but the short TM I was pulling got in quite easy.

Rates were fantastic - $100 for a week. I was expecting just water and electricity (that is what I reserved), but because I was there for a week and they were slow (presumably due to the bridge being out), owner upgraded me for free to a site with sewer hookup. As a result, I didn't look into their bathroom or shower facilities.

Having the A/C in the TM was a lifesaver here!

When I arrived, the owner had me hop in her golf cart and we drove through the entire park looking for the site I wanted.

It's wooded, quiet, and a bit off a main road - things I value in a campsite. It's also one of the closest campsites to Philly, within 4 or 5 miles of the SEPTA (rail transit) station (but beware - trains come every hour, so check the schedule; takes about 45 minutes to get to Independence Hall, Betsy Ross's house, etc, via the train).

If you expect all the modern conveniences, this probably isn't the place. But if you just want some utility connections and a place to park, this is pretty decent.