PDA

View Full Version : What do people do with TMs?

Magdefrau
04-30-2007, 04:27 PM
A quick spring Camping Trip to Petti Jean State Park in Arkansas. WOW! The state have improved the full service camp area. $27 a night, but its was nice. All the streams and water falls were full. What a nice place to walk with the kids. We ate for the first time lunch at the lodge. $33 for the four of us. A big lunch/dinner. The trip back today was real peaceful. Be sure to call ahead as Saturday night we got the last spot about 5:30. Sure did sleep well on the TM bed. TV was getting some stations but only watch the weather broadcast. No rain. No wind. Likly the first perfect weekend here in Arkansas. It has been cold till these last few days. North of interstate 40 most all the trees are brown from a late winter killing frost, this looks very spooky. Found a few snake and lizards along the trail. Saw a hugh grass carp in the creek, must had washed over the dam. I see were a road rock has dented the TM's skin. I need to order a few replacement parts from the factory. All the things with the TM worked well. Sure is nice to have a kitchen and bathroom. The last two time here we camped in a tent during cool fall weather. Our Grandcaravan pulled our TM over the Boston Mountain's Highway 7 fine. I didnot push it just went as the rigg could handle. Did fine, pulled over several time to let others pass. That's all, got to help with the unpacking.

2manypets
05-01-2007, 03:22 PM
Check out the picture on this guys blog. http://www.everymilesamemory.com/pats_blog.htm

SSRLVA
05-01-2007, 05:08 PM
now THAT is a riot.

Oh and BTW: I wish I could be that financially and socially free. I love working and I love my job. I love vacationing and traveling too... but I guess I am tied to the traditional "work more than you vacation" lifestyle. I envy him.

Magdefrau
05-02-2007, 04:26 AM
2manypets I believe we saw you guys there, at Petti Jean State Park. At a site along the lake this past weekend. We commented on the Kayaks on the truck. Your Blue truck is a give away. I would like to travel as much as yal must. I have been called back to the Chicken plant lossing my earned time off. I like to work and earn a living as much a running around with my wife and kids. Has to be a ratio between them. 85% work 15% play or maybe ...............I wonder what the break down is really? I don't want to know really. I was off today but have been called back in. A day to be used next time the camping TM is on an adventure. I want a boat.

Magdefrau
05-02-2007, 04:31 AM
Texas Camper.....Yes, we looked at pictures of us and our kids several years ago as we first went camping at Petti Jean. In a tent. The kids look so young. So do we. I wish ........I'm glad we have done this as a family. It marks time and I have had fun with my family. I sure my kids will continue to do family overnighter into thier generation.

2manypets
05-02-2007, 06:43 AM
Magdefrau,

I wish that was me you saw at Petit Jean last weekend. But unfortunately I am in the same boat as SSRLVA. I have to work for a living too. I live in Conway, just down the interstate from Petit Jean, and saw a travel trailer in town with a web site address painted on it's side. When I got back to my computer I checked it out, thought that picture was funny, and posted it here for others to get a chuckle too.

BTW we were camping down by the lake at Petit Jean two weeks ago. Black F150 pulling a trailmanor.