PDA

View Full Version : POMO RV in Fort Bragg, CA

CAmark
04-17-2007, 01:40 PM
Very nice family park. Large sites - I could have put 4 TMs in my space - most sites seperated by trees/bushes for a lot less "parking lot" feel. Showers/restrooms clean and always available for a 4-day Easter weekend trip -- even with abalone season underway.
Mendocino Botanical Garden is within ~ 1 mile walk, but driving is better since it walking on Hiway 1 might be dangerous. Garden is magnificent, 30 ft tall Rhodedendrons, Camelias and many other plants. Also, the 47 acre garden extends to the ocean bluffs with great views.
Dont' be disuaded by the spray painted sign at the hiway and the road in need of some asphalt....I thought "what have I done?" initially but really enjoyed the park and will go back again - even DW will go too, and as most of us know, that is the real test.
Mark

BrigCA61
04-24-2007, 01:39 PM
Hi! Thanks for the report. We absolutely love the Ft. Bragg area, and places further north from there. We tent camped at Pomo about 10 years ago for the annual "Worlds Largest Salmon BBQ". We've always intended to go back with the TM. Perhaps this year we may do it. I love the botanical gardens too. The restaurants are some of the finest I've dined at in all of CA. Lots of good coffee roasters there too. Eggheads on N. Main Street is a great breakfast place - I absolutely love their pumpkin pancakes topped with banana slices and cinnamon butter! Mmmmm :)

BobWilson
04-25-2007, 08:38 AM
We camped there about 3 or 4 years ago. Very nice. Since we only reserved about a month or two before the summer season we had our space in the flat open area similar to many RV parks with not much space between sites. So reserve early. We hit a few days of nice sun but they say it is usually cloudy. There are also many nice state parks with trees and nice environmetal surroundings near the coast. Check those out.

Bob W