PDA

View Full Version : Our New 2706T

azroadrunner
03-20-2007, 10:16 PM
We just traded our 3124KS for a new 2706T Hi-Lo and want to show it off. We are both happy with our new unit and want to assure all that we were equally pleased with our TM when we first got it. Don't want to cause any trouble on this site, so if anyone wants additional info please keep it off line.

Camping is everything. Best Wishes,

meriflower
03-20-2007, 10:47 PM
Congrats on your new Hi-Lo! It looks very nice. If you are interested there is a group of Hi-Lo owners on Yahoo Groups, site is:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/hilotrailers/?yguid=258858825

azroadrunner
03-21-2007, 11:33 AM
Hi Nancy,

Thanks, I've been there and Yahoo is not nearly as user friendly as Chris's forum. I wish he would sponsor a combined group of both manufacturer's units under a common site with two branches.

Just my thoughts.

meriflower
03-21-2007, 04:27 PM
I agree that this board is 100 times better than the Yahoo groups! I also think it would be nice to include both TMs and Hi-Los - could name the site something like Telescoping Travel Trailers - both groups could learn/help/share with each other. :)

countrygirl
03-21-2007, 08:04 PM
There is also a HiLo owners groups...that is not on Yahoo....if I can find a link I will post it. I wanted to join a while back to learn more about HiLos but found out you must own one to be permitted to even view the site.

Bill
03-21-2007, 08:56 PM
Nancy and others -

This forum is actually unique among RV groups. As a TM owner, Chris built it as a labor of love, not a labor for income or advertising. All the other forums are organized around a different "business model". Chris has worked hard at maintaining the general attitude that you have recognized. Have you noticed the different level of advertising between this forum and the Yahoo forums? This forum has none ...

When we moderators signed on, we knew Chris's attitude and desires, and speaking for myself, I would not have signed up if his intentions had been more conventional. I may be wrong, but I don't think he has any reason to expand the forum to include Hi-Lo or any other brand.

I wish the entire web followed Chris' model - but it doesn't seem to.

Bill

13dano
08-03-2007, 03:20 PM
Nice unit! How is it Hi-Lo can engineer a side slide-out but Trailmanor can't?
Good luck!

Bill
08-03-2007, 04:21 PM
Dano -

'Course you might want to consider that the UVW of a 2706T Hi-Lo is 4479 pounds, while the UVW of a TM 2720 is 2742 pounds. By my math, that's over 1700 pounds different - nearly a FULL TON!

To each his own, I guess.

Bill

Bill & Lisa
08-06-2007, 02:09 PM
I too was very curious about the "slide out" on the Hi Lo so when I got the chance I took a good look. basic reason/answer is the hilo wall goes straight up where as the TM wall pivots on an arc.

The Slide out on the Hi Lo is more of a rotate out. The slide out is normally on the street side near the front corner. The lower wall has a square cut out of it. Imagine hinging that piece at the floor seam. Now rotate that piece out so it sticks out horizontally from the side of the trailer. This is the floor of the "slide out". A couch is mounted on this floor. The wall of the slide out, vertical when deployed rotates inward to a horizontal position prior to lowering the shell (kind of like the front beds on a TM laying horizontally on above the couch and tables prior to closing a TM. The Upper shell of the HI LO has a cut out of the same size that is hinged near the roof. It is flush with the rest of the wall when travelling but swings up like an awning when getting ready to deploy the Slide out. So you end up with a cut out of the side to the trailer from the floor to almost the ceiling. a push of the button hyraulically pivots the room 90 degrees, rotating the outer wall of the slide out from a horizontal position stretching from the street side of the unit towards the curb side to where the wall is standing vertically. another way of visuallizing this is the couch rotates from having it's back pointed at the cieling to a normal vertical positon out in the slide out. You can see this briefly in the video on the HI LO website but you have to wait through most of the video to see it.

On a TM you could work the bottom part the same and I guess cut the flap in the front upper shell in the appropriate place (much like they do with the door) but I don't think you could keep the front bed in any of the models that had the slide out. Trade off is that there is a bed in the sofa. Biggest issue in all but the 3326 is you lose the dining area. Hi lo moves the kitchen all the way forward (on the 2706 towlight) leaving the back bedroom, bathroom, fridge and wardrobe along with a 3326 style dinette taking up the rest of the area. The door in located near the very front in the slide out models.

4 models have the slide out 2407, 2507, 2707, and 2807.
there are advantages to all.

the 2407 and 2507 have a good kitchen layout compared to the others. THey also have a booth dinette in the front where you can seat 4 people. They do not have a permanant bed so either the dinette or the couch have to be converted every night.

the 2707 and 2807 have a queen size walkaround bed in the rear. Nice. They can only seat 2 at the table. The kitchen is across the front of the unit but the Fridge is located back in the middle of the unit just forward of the rest room. DW would not like at all.

Someone has already mentioned the weight. That, like everything else will be important to some and not to others. Does the TM beat a Hi Lo hands down - I guess for some but for others a Hi Lo meets their needs better than a TM. If you want a low profile Travel trailer (better gas milage, little to no sway, reduced sail area), something that doesn't take ANY physical effort to set up (push a button), a gound level bed (vice physically climbing into a TM bed), with hard sides, and you don't have a problem with how much it weighs a HI LO is probably a better choice for that person. In my opinion if you won either one (and the required tow vehicle) on a game show you would be happy and excited and have won a good travel trailer.

JMHO,
Bill