PDA

View Full Version : TM TrailBlazers Website

RickNewcomb
01-10-2007, 04:52 AM
The TM TrailBlazers website has been updated and has the current rally schedule for 2007.

http://www.tmtrailblazers.org/

Happy Camping in 2007!!! :D

sharon
01-14-2007, 05:50 PM
when is the tm rally for az this year? i joined the tm post here mid spring of o6, when does the new year start??? from the time i regeristered last or at the beginning of the new year???

Scopegeek
01-14-2007, 11:25 PM
What would it take to reactivate the Southwest Chapter? Are there enough TM owners in our states to get the Chapter going again? I would be willing to help get things started, but not sure what is required since I'm a relatively new owner. There are some wonderful national and state parks that would be great places to hold a Chapter Rally. Any thoughts?

Joe
01-15-2007, 08:20 PM
I think I have the latest membership list and it shows 6 members is NV, all in Las Vegas; about 17 in Arizona; 2 in Utah, and a bunch in CA but I'm not sure how close they are to you. Leon is right about contacting Ken Oekel, he can help you get something going. Basically you just need to contact some of the owners in your area and find a mutually acceptable place and time to get together. Usually, after one rally there will be enough interest to keep it going. If Ken is available, Mike Numerick can get you a list of members. Let me know if you need help.

BrianS
01-15-2007, 09:14 PM
Maybe You Could Add Oregon and Washington,we don't have a chapter.

hal
01-25-2007, 06:45 PM
Brian and others from Nevada, Arizona, go to the link General Discussion and select Interest in Southwest Chapter, you will find there is interest in a Chapter in your region. The Mile High TrailBlazer Chapter is hosting a rally on the southern border of Colorado with the purpose of helping you get a chapter started. We have had great response. Most likely a chapter(s) will be formed from this rally. Please see details at that thread.

Hal Swanson

hal
06-11-2007, 06:19 PM
TrailBlazer members from Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico and Utah joined with Members from the Mile High Chapter this past weekend. Their purpose was to discuss the probability of establishing a Chapter of the National TrailBlazers. Optimistic discussion quickly resulted in a unanimous agreement by all present that preparation would begin at once on establishing a chapter and would consist of members drawn from these states.

Each of those in attendance do have a strong interest in supporting a chapter in the “Southwest” and volunteered to serve on the organizational committee. Rob Lambert of Las Vegas, Nevada was appointed to serve as coordinator.

There have been several requests for a “Southwest” Chapter. If anyone has previously expressed an interest or would care to become a member of this chapter, Please contact Rob Lambert at [email protected]. Your participation and support of this group will provide further enthusiasm for their efforts.

The campout at Lathrop State Park was a lot of fun for all. On Saturday evening, tables containing food for the pot luck were at least 25 feet long with every space filled with some delicacy made by experienced chefs in their TrailManors. As TrailBlazers, you probably have noted at least two things that typify the TrailBlazers. First of all they really put together a lot of absolutely delicious foods and secondly they all like to eat. What little food was left over was enjoyed the next evening.

The area that surrounded Lathrop State Park has a lot of things to see and do. There was plenty of time people to explore when all but the TrailManor trailers disappeared for the day onto the highways. The Great Sand Dunes, Monarch Pass and jeep trails were explored with delight. During the dark (pitch black) nights of Saturday and Sunday, Rob set up his telescope for all to view stars, planets and constellations. Do you know the difference between a star and a planet. We all do now. In addition, we were viewing many other interstellar features that many of us were not aware existed. By the way, we learned that the moon is not made of cheese, but we did get a wink of the man on the moon's eye. If you ever are going to be in the same place at the same time as Rob, be sure to encourage him and wife Cindy to bring the telescope.

Hal

lnussbau
06-15-2007, 02:24 PM
I might add, Hal, that on Friday night we had an excellent hamburger fry. There was a lot of fun socializing at both of those meals, as well as occasionally in between.

The prickly pear, yucca and many, many wildflowers were also in full bloom, transforming the area into a riot of color, not to mention everything being so green because of the wet year (lots of snow and rain, compared to normal).

All in all, 'twas a fine and fun weekend.

Ladybug58
07-11-2007, 08:02 PM
I'm in Orange County, CA & may be getting a Trail Manor in the next week or so! I would LOVE to be part of a Trail Blazer club & attend a rally!

Joe
07-16-2007, 06:58 PM
Ladybug,
Here is part of a post from Hal Swanson concerning starting or reactivating a TrailBlazer Chapter in the southwest. "TrailBlazer members from Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico and Utah joined with Members from the Mile High Chapter this past weekend. Their purpose was to discuss the probability of establishing a Chapter of the National TrailBlazers. Optimistic discussion quickly resulted in a unanimous agreement by all present that preparation would begin at once on establishing a chapter and would consist of members drawn from these states.

Each of those in attendance do have a strong interest in supporting a chapter in the “Southwest” and volunteered to serve on the organizational committee. Rob Lambert of Las Vegas, Nevada was appointed to serve as coordinator.

There have been several requests for a “Southwest” Chapter. If anyone has previously expressed an interest or would care to become a member of this chapter, Please contact Rob Lambert at [email protected]. Your participation and support of this group will provide further enthusiasm for their efforts."

I suggest that you contact Rob Lambert at [email protected] and see what he has planned.

Joe