PDA

View Full Version : Fort Wilderness Campground

Leslie & Nick
12-06-2006, 04:28 AM
We just got back from a 6 day stay at Fort Wilderness at Disneyworld in Orlando. Overall, I would say this was about the nicest place we've ever camped! A lot of things to do, even if you don't go into the theme parks every day. We brought our bicycles along and used them extensively to explore the 750 acre campground - smooth roads and no hills :o . You can also rent electric golf carts, which seemed to be everywhere. Our site had everything except cable TV (available at some sites), but the TM antenna worked well.

There are about 750 camp sites in the park - none of which are pull thru's. Practice your backing skills, as sites are a bit tight - I don't know how some folks get their fifth wheels and huge Class A buses to fit :), but they obviously do.

Entire park is very clean and neat. Bathrooms/showers, laundry rooms were spotless at all times. Disney operates buses that run through campground and to theme parks all day. We made the campground reservations about eight months ago which was a good thing, as I saw very few empty sites available - and this is supposedly the "slow" season. Sites are a bit on the smallish side, but they are cleverly laid out to make the most of trees and shrubs, so that it doesn't seem as crowded.

We'd go again - after we save up more $$$ that is :rolleyes: . The "Disney Experience" is not inexpensive, but as they say - you get what you pay for! And besides, unless you have friends or relatives nearby, camping is probably the most affordable way to see Disneyworld. If you go, don't miss the nightly Epcot fireworks, and the "Lion King" show at the Animal Kingdom.

Nick