PDA

View Full Version : EQ hitches - follow up to Ed!

07-22-2001, 04:10 AM
(The new BB is nice!  Thanks, Chris! ;D )

If Ed finds his way over here, I'd like to know what year Trooper he's using to pull a 2619.   Our second car is a 1995 Trooper (without a hitch) but if this can be set up as a backup tow vehicle for our 2720 I just might take the leap.

The newer Troopers have larger more powerful engines than ours, which seems a bit anemic and hunts for gears a lot climbing the few thousand feet out of the Phoenix valley.

Jon
-------
Dave

I pull a 2619 TM with a Isuzu Trooper that has a tow capacity of 5000 lbs. I have towed both with and without the weight distribution hitch and sway bar. The rig just simply tows better with the equilizer hitch and sway bar. Not only does it handle better overall, the peace of mind it provides and added safety is worth the expense. In my opinion, go buy the weight distribution hitch and sway bar. You will not regret the purchase.

Ed  

07-26-2001, 12:17 PM
Jon

I tow with a 2000 model LS Trooper with the 3.5,  24 valve six cylinder.  It is a little larger than the engine used in earlier models.  It does a fine job for us in towing the 2619.  I questioned whether or not it would have sufficient power to pull tough grades and have been pleased thus far.  

Ed

07-29-2001, 01:59 AM
I tow a 3124 with a Nissan, which has a 5000 lb tow capacity.  The load-leveling hitch and sway bar greatly add to the stability of towing.  You have to consider that it is not possible to load the trailer perfectly balanced.  This equipment can atone for a great many of your mistakes, even though unintended.  Unless you are pulling a very light trailer, my vote is for the load-leveling hitch and sway bar.