PDA

View Full Version : Stove

08-18-2001, 04:40 AM
Several questions about the stove.  We cannot keep the clip in place and the top keeps coming off when we travel.  This is not doing the counter tops and back wall any favors.  Any suggestions?
We noticed that the silver metal pipe under the stove top that brings in the gas has a dent in it.  Is yours like this, or did ours bend from the lack of stability of the top?
Lastly, we have a piezo to light the burners.  Frequently they will not light, though we see a spark.   Also, the fridge went out once while on the LP setting.  We have considered that the LP pressure is too high.  Any ideas?

08-19-2001, 02:20 AM
:P  We use a bunjy cord on our stove top when traveling.  We also noticed that our stove was hard to light until we looked closely at the burner controls and noticed that there is a setting for lighting.  We where getting too much pressure when we just turned them on to light. I think the dent in the pipe is a norm.  GK

08-19-2001, 06:29 AM
URL  We have tried turning the gas down to different settings.  The burners still won't light.  I assume you are referring to the knobs on the front of the stove.

08-20-2001, 12:29 AM
We not only had the stove top keep coming off, but we had the whole stove/oven assembly shake apart on the second day of our 3 week vacation.  The screws on inside the oven door stripped out of the wood, and the stove part stipped the screws from the oven section.  Quite a mess.  Then the shelf in the cabinet underneath the stove fell apart.  I'll stop there.

08-20-2001, 02:19 AM
::) Sounds like a whole lot of shaking going on.  I know roads can be rough but this sounds like a badly out of balance tire problem.  I had screws falling out, lights going out, and other problems which seem to have been corrected by having the tires balanced.  George

08-20-2001, 02:25 AM
Thanks.  I will have to give that a try! ;) ;)

08-20-2001, 10:05 PM
:D[/quote]
ANYTHING NEW ON WIRELESS MODEM TO TRAVEL THE US ?
bIONIC

08-25-2001, 12:00 PM
::)

Just a thought folks.    My husband and I travel alone(no children involved)  in our 19' Towlite Trailer and we bought this unit new WITHOUT a fridge & stove.

The dealer built extra cupboards and countertop where the stove/fridge would go.    We purchased a 12V IGLOO Cooler which sits on the floor when travelling & sits on the counter when stopped.    No stooping to see what's in the fridge.   It's all there at eye level.      We also have another 12V Cooler in our Van.    Handy to reach into for a drink or sandwich when travelling long distances.    Both these can be transported outside to a picnic table if we so desire and where everything is really handy to make meals.  

As for cooking.   Most of our meals are cooked outdoors (the Towlite has an outdoor kitchen w/ 110V plug-in and running water outside the trailer).   WE use our Coleman Gas Stove w/griddle across the two burners.    We use a small grill purchased from WalMart for under $20 Canadian that goes on one burner and you put water in the bottom and grill hamburgers,  steaks,  hotdogs, etc.   Its a neat little thing with lava rocks in the center.     We have a Microwave & a two-burner Salton Stove (small and easy to store in a cupboard).    We have a one-cup electric Coffee Pot & another coffeemaker that goes on the stove for times when we have no electricity.    WE can cook veggies, etc., in a Reynolds Hot Bag directly on the burner of the Coleman Stove;   or in our Microwave depending whether we are with or without electricity.    Five thousand miles camping this summer with this new trailer and no complaints so far about not having a fridge or stove.  

With all the neat little devices to cook with (ovens,  grills,  etc.) on the market today I cannot imagine what one would need a stove for in a Camper?   Saves a lot of this worrying about what is happening to the stove /fridge  when travelling.    lac