PDA

View Full Version : Re: beds

Chris_Bauer
09-04-2001, 01:21 PM
I purchased the egg carton foam pad (queen size) for our 2720SL.  Now, I prefer sleeping in the Trailmanor over my bed at home.  

09-04-2001, 02:04 PM
Chris, so glad you brought up the egg crates, they are great! We use  them on all our mattresses at home and plan to use them in the TM as well--now a question--can you close your TM down with the egg crates in place?  I havent closed mine down yet (sits in our yard fully open in all its glory) so dont know for sure if we can leave the beds fully made up (although the dealership did say we could do that.) TIA for any info you might share about this .

09-04-2001, 03:05 PM
My wife and I had the same disappointment right after we purchased our 2619.  We both had a terrible time sleeping on the mattress.  We opted to try the egg carton pad and purchased one from WalMart.  It worked just great.  No more uncomfortable nites away from home.  And yes, the TM will close down without any problem with the pad left on the bed.  Try one, I bet it will work for you too.

09-04-2001, 03:46 PM
Hey!  I was gonna ask that same question!!!  ;)

If I sleep on one side or the other, both my arms fall asleep :o

We considered, for a brief moment, replacing the standard foam matress with a standard one, but of course the clearance between the bed and the roof lights is almost nil.

Our idea, and we haven't tried this yet, is to buy some of those "ThermaRest" pads -- the inflatable ones I always drooled over when backpacking.   They make some pretty thick cushions now.   They roll up and go into a stuff sack when unused, but basically act as air cushions (up to 2.5 inches thick).

Has anyone given these a try?

09-05-2001, 06:21 AM
8)we use the egg crate purchased from wall mart. use both at home and in the trailer. works well for us, and no problem in closing down the trailer with mattress on beds.

09-05-2001, 12:21 PM
To Jon, we have used the Thermarest inflatable mattresses on our boat for several years and they make the boat mattresses bearable. By contrast we think the 2001 model 2619 mattresses are great!
It takes a little experimentation to determine how much air to add to the Thermarest but once that is done they work well. They are supposed to inflate by themselves but we blow them up by mouth anyway.

Dick B.