PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Asheville, NC?

barbarat
09-20-2006, 05:03 AM
We are planning a trip to Asheville in October and would love to hear about the best RV park near Asheville and the Biltmore. We are contemplating taking our dog (chocolate lab) and wonder if you have dealt with kennels in the area? This is our first time taking our 2720 Trailmanor to a campground and any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Bob&Karen
09-20-2006, 07:01 AM
Sorry, don't know about kennels, but we stayed at the Asheville East KOA years ago when we had our pop-up. We enjoyed it. There are many campgrounds in and around the Asheville area - do you have a Trailer Life Directory?

Regards,

Bob

Virginia Deacon
09-20-2006, 11:23 AM
Last weekend, we attended the rally for the Appalachian Chapter of the Trailblazers. Our hosts picked Bear Creek RV Park, and we were pleased with the accomodations: blacktop pads, full service, near the Smoky Mountains, and the Blue Ridge Parkway. We visited Chimney Rock Park, Cherokee, and Gatlinburg while we were there.

See http://www.ashevillebearcreek.com/index.htm for complete information and photos.

wbmiller3
09-20-2006, 03:53 PM
I love the NF Davidson River campground in Brevard. I was a tenter when I lived in NC so I am not sure about hookups. It is not far from Asheville.