PDA

View Full Version : Opening and Closing (One more time ...)

Chris_Bauer
10-09-2001, 03:25 AM
I hate to run a subject into the ground but this one really puzzles me.  It seems as though there is a lot of difficulty opening and closing the TM.  In all honesty, we have never had a bit of trouble in this process.  I can't even break a sweat.  It opens just like in the video and closes without any pressure, pushing or force (in fact, it closes with a whoosh of air as if it is doing all the work itself).  If we have problems setting up, it's because I didn't take the time to make sure we were level.  I really believe that this is the most important part of owning a TM.  We have a level on the front that I can see from my rear view mirror and one on the side (thanks Paul H).  I don't even have stacking blocks but I haven't really stayed in a super primative place either.  

I guess we need to get together at a TM rally and work out this situation demonstrating our techniques for this procedure.  I would hate to see people turned off by such a good product when for me it is the greatest thing on wheels.  This is just my two cents.

10-12-2001, 09:47 AM
Chris, dont apologize for bringing this subject up again--it is a very important one, and you can tell there are several of us who are not having a really easy time opening and closing ours. So any advice is valuable. I do think there is something not quite right about my "technique" and think it may be in the leveling. Have just got myself a set of LynxLevelers and they may help. But I am going back and review Paul's excellent information about leveling.

Since I am only a 4 hour drive from the factory, I may make an appointment to have the lift added, and when I am there for that will ask them to run me thru all the opening up and closing down stuff again! Thanks for adding this thread--we needed it! :)

Gotta find me a rally!!  :D