PDA

View Full Version : Condensation

10-15-2001, 08:10 AM
My husband and I went for our first weekend this weekend in our brand new trailmanor 2002 3023.  We had a great time.  My only issue was condensation.  There seemed to be condensation in excess on all of our windows.  So much so that the beds were a little damp.  Any one have any ideas on how to solve this?  Any one experience this issue?  

10-15-2001, 03:49 PM
This might sound strange at first, but you might know if this happens in your car, you can turn on the A/C and in most newer cars you can crank up the temperature at the same time.

This pumps warm, dry air through your car.  (The A/C dehumidifies because the cool dense air coming off the A/C evaporator can't hold as much moisture.  The heater core then turns the air warm.)   The defroster works by using the air conditioner.

While the A/C on most RVs don't have a "heat" path (they just cycle the compressor off when the thermostat says it is cold enough), it will have the effect of drying out your trailer.  Since it'll be cold, too, you could always kick in the heater at the same time!!!  ;D

Our 2720 has the small window style unit.  I've seen portable (on wheels, that is) A/C units with a "dehumidify" setting.  Maybe there is something like this for your trailer you can check into if you're going to stay in humid places a lot.

arknoah
10-16-2001, 02:00 AM
Greetings,

We has the same problem during our first outing in April and just last weekend, though I suspect there is always a little condensation on the windows just from body heat!  Last Sunday, our daughter's pillow was wet because whe had it directly below the window.  

I believe because the trailer is relatively weather tight, that our turning on the furnace exacerbated the problem, we it did during our first trip in April.  What we would normally try to do is to keep the ceiling fan going during the night to keep th air moving, which has usually reduced the condensation quite a bit.  We didn't do that last weekend because it was raining.  This might be a good reason to look into those Camping World vent covers that would allow the fan to be open a bit with no danger of water getting in, or, as other owners have done, to put a ceiling fan over the rear bed to keep the air moving.  

I really don't believe the condensation indicates a structural problem, since the same thing happens in other RVs, particularly during this time of year.

F. J. & Ellen