PDA

View Full Version : Niagra Falls???

sir1doc
08-14-2006, 06:51 AM
Was wondering if anyone had input on a weekend trip to the falls? where to stay or where not to, any problems with crossing the border? I havent been to the falls in years and was thinking of a september trip?
Thanks

Newcampers
08-22-2006, 07:19 AM
Hello,
We took a trip to Niagara Falls in July. We stayed at the Niagara Falls North KOA in Lewiston (NY). Since we also only stayed for the weekend, I would recommend this campground. If we were going to take a longer trip there, I may check around for something more. But, this place was clean, quiet and relatively close to the falls-Just a few minutes down the Robert Moses parkway. We went over to Canada in the evening to see the falls lit up. The only advice I would give is to be sure that any adults have picture id (drivers lic, etc) and any children have birth certs. We waited in line for over an hour on the Rainbow Bridge to get back into the USA. When we reached the gate to enter, the guard was very thorough about checking our citizenship. Good luck and have fun!
Rose

sir1doc
08-23-2006, 04:02 PM
Thanks new campers, We are going to try the Jellystone in Canada this labor day weekend and will let ya know how it went... good tip on the border patrol

murphyb74
08-25-2006, 02:52 PM
We just got back from a trip to upstate NY, visiting three state parks. For the Niagara Falls leg, we camped at Four Mile Creek State Park (a NY State park) - right on Lake Ontario about 15 miles (easy drive) from Niagara Falls. Beautiful park with a dozen-or-so of the sites right on the lake. Beautiful sunsets on the water, nice clean park.