PDA

View Full Version : Out door stove

hal
12-23-2001, 10:47 AM
Some time ago, someone had asked about a stove being attached to the outside of the TrailManor.  Most pop ups have such a stove situation.  The manufacturer has run a gas line to the stove site.  You mentioned that you have a pop up that has such a stove.  Have you considered keeping the stove and then attaching it to your TrailManor.  A extruded aluminum bracket just like the one on your pop up is available at many pop up dealers.  You could install it to the side and then have someone KNOWLEDGEABLE run the gas line to it.  I do recall on our popup that the regulator was for a higher pressure and that such a stove should not be hooked up to an lower pressure line such as the one that feeds your stove inside the trailer.  Also,  camping world has a table that attaches in the same manner to the outside of the trailer.  You could then buy a propane (Colemn?) gas stove and set it up on this table.  Be sure to ask a lot of questions so that it is done correctly.

Hal

arknoah
12-28-2001, 02:45 AM
Clearly the idea of having only knowledgable people work on the gas lines is really important.  Having said that, I'd certainly like an outside stove like this to get that "outside cooked" flavor without having to take out our portable stove from the rear storage area.  It's the kind of convenience that I think lots of us would like.

F. J. & Ellen

12-31-2001, 08:31 AM
:D  when we go camping, I don't want to do a whole lot of heavy cooking.  what I do is take a large crock pot and an electric skillet. We carry a small folding table and place it outside the TM by the electric plug.  Thats all the stove anyone needs. If you are lucky to have a picnic table near by, just move it to the TM and use it .  Works good for anything you want to cook.  We carry a small grill also.  We have never used the stove in the TM yet. We also carry a heavy duty extention cord with us.. Just a short one with extra plug ins.  Its all we need to get us fed. HAPPY NEW  YEAR!!!!!  betty

T

Paul_Heuvelhorst
12-31-2001, 03:06 PM
As long as the weather is nice, we still prefer to use our Coleman stove on top of the park picnic table to cooking inside, even though we now have a range, oven and microwave in the trailer... cooking inside hardly seems like "camping."  ;D