PDA

View Full Version : Cover For Propane Tanks

The Wheel
07-08-2006, 07:54 AM
I notice in the brochures for Trailmanors they never show the propane tanks covered. Can you buy a plastic style cover for them?

Bill
07-08-2006, 08:16 AM
Yes. There has been lots of discussion, though it was a while ago. Rather than repeat it all here, please use the Advanced Search function.

Bill

fcatwo
07-08-2006, 11:18 AM
Uncovered tanks can also be a safety feature. Turning the gas off at the tanks is one of the last items on many people's close-down check list and covering the tanks will make that easy to overlook. Again, just my $0.02.

rpcoombs
07-08-2006, 11:24 AM
I checked past threads but there never was any input on a cover for horizontal tanks (such as on my 2720SL). Anybody come up with a solution for them? Cheers, Dick

MidwestDave
07-08-2006, 06:33 PM
You can do a search on the propane tank covers at your favorite "RV supply web site. This way you can compare the covers and prices. I purchased my soft cover that way. I also purchased our 15 gallon blue tote that way.
I was very satisfied with my purchases on line. Hope this helps.:)

Midwest Dave:cool:
John Deere Country:D

Catawbalea
07-09-2006, 05:32 PM
We bought a hard plastic cover from CampingWorld. It wouldn't fit. The bars for the WDH get in the way. We found the return cost to be greater than the price of a new soft cover. Any one want a hard plastic cover? Someday we need to find someone who needs one or go to a flea market.

sir1doc
07-09-2006, 07:30 PM
Dunno, mine is older so I'm sure it makes a difference. Sometimes I can't chime in on stuff cause my unit isn't like your younger ones. My unit has Hard covers for the verticle tanks and have no troubles. I do have to use my left hand to put the safety pins in the WDH cause its a tight fit but other than that it works fine. As for safety turning off. the cover has an opening that you reach through to turn gas on and off. It has a little door over the opening and a wing nut to hold the door in place.