PDA

View Full Version : shelf locks on fridge-how to  open?

2swans
03-23-2002, 04:56 AM
:o   i think this little smiley guy's face pretty aptly describes mine when i opened fridge door to find an exploded coke can mess. and it was a lemon flavored coke, too--insult to injury!!ha. anyway, after a search of the dometic and owner's manuals i could not find out how to release the shelves so the gunk in their ridges could be cleaned. i sprayed water in there, but i'd like to dry it out. anyone know the secret to opening these litlle white shelf locks? i remember one of you also had the same thing happen, so maybe at least one of you will know. thanks in advance. (husband is CPA, so forget him helping right now!!ha.).oh--98 2720SL, pulled by a goat cart-no, kidding about the last part.

03-24-2002, 04:48 AM
 I've been waiting to see if anyone was answering you, since I do not still own a TrailManor, I cannot tell you for sure. But, my current trailer also has a Dometic fridge, so hopefully, the shelfs are the same.

On mine, the locks are on the left side of the fridge, as you are looking in the door. They are white plastic clips, that snap down over the bar of the shelf, while fitting in a notch in the side on the fridge. In doing so, it keeps the shelf from sliding out. On the upper part of the clip, is a slot. If this sounds like your set-up, you slip a large flat tip screwdriver in that slot, and pop the clip up, and off of the bar, and out of the notch. The shelf then slides right out.

Hope that helps

Mack

2swans
03-24-2002, 08:09 AM
:) we thank you, mack. that should do it, hubby says.