PDA

View Full Version : Sawdust walls

Storm Wootan
04-13-2006, 08:09 PM
I read online that the TM walls in the 1999 were made of sawdust..
IS THIS TRUE??
STORM/\/

Bill
04-13-2006, 10:49 PM
The moon is made of green cheese. Little boys are made of snakes and snails and puppy dog tails. Little girls are made of sweetness and light. Korean cars are stamped out of old cat food cans. Hamburger is made of 40% cow guts.

Where do people come up with this stuff?

Bill

BrigCA61
04-14-2006, 05:26 AM
If you go to www.trailmanor.com and click on the "showroom" tab, then go down to "construction" it will give you photos of the wall plus a full description of the construction of walls, counters, floors, etc.

Basically here's what it says about the walls (it doesn't say anything about sawdust, but it does mention particle board for the countertops):

TrailManor walls and roof are built using a special laminated construction of polystyrene insulation with aluminum on both sides. Our special lightweight walls are better insulated than conventional travel trailers. It's more expensive to build a trailer this way, but it cuts hundreds of pounds from the overall weight,
making towing easier.

Brigitte

P.S. Just curious but where online did you find the reference to "sawdust"?

Storm Wootan
04-14-2006, 06:28 AM
I have read all I could find on tm and this was the first negitive that Ifound I guess there is alway that one person out there..

YOU ASK ME WERE I FOUND IT LOOK UP
Trailmanor sawdust (yahoo) You will see Can-Am RV Experience Forum

Magdefrau
04-14-2006, 05:55 PM
Sawdust? Your kidding right. It would be to heavy. I think pop-ups are made from sawdust boards, that's why they are so much more heavy.