PDA

View Full Version : Cool TM Options - I can't wait!

KB7OUR
05-28-2002, 07:33 AM
Just got back from peeking at my new 2720SL w/swing away hitch at the dealer. Can't pick up until next Fri :'(.

I opted for no carpeting, having owned a small pop up and finding it so easy to sweep the floor with a broom and/or damp rag to clean the tile. The full linoleum looks reall nice and will be easy to clean.

Ordered 2 hanging cabinets. One goes over the sink and the other hangs on the door side wall, above the table next to the couch. May install two more hooks on the opposite side in case we like it their better. At the base of the couch (near the heater vent), they installed a switched 12V adapter for me. This will be handy.

TM made me two addtional sets of matching curtains. One set is cut to slide across the hallway at the end of the bathroom for privacy. There's a cutout for the stove and counter area and they go to the floor in the hallway. When open they are pushed against the sink area near the towel ring. Very nice.

Also, a second curtain (I have 2 girls) that slides across the trailer on a rail just in front of the air cond shroud. Kind of makes the living area a quick changing room for them. Very nice too. They slide behind the chair when not in use.

I got the microwave table, which fills the gap between the cabinet to the right of the stove and the wardrobe cabinet. Makes the entire counter level and includes 1 drawer.

The air in mine is a Coleman Mach???

Lift kit looks good.

Clam shell closure latches seem secure, but we'll see how they hold up after a few bumpy rides  ;D. I have some doubts based upon several posts.

One thing I'm not sure about is if the "Equa-li-zer" will work with the swing away hitch. The dealer says I may just need a sway device. Not sure what I'll do yet.

Can't wait to pick her up. Already have plans for the radio slot. Found a single din size am/fm/cd/mp3/dvd player for $300 that will go there. Even has a remote. Using an s-video out from this unit to RCA jacks will allow me to plug into the front of a 13" tv to watch DVD or VHS movies through the trailers speakers, listen to cds, or play burned mp3's. Do I sound psyched!

Wade

05-28-2002, 10:23 AM
I can't understand the need for an anti-sway device on a 2720! Of course, we pull our 2619 with a Suburban so that may be why we have had zero need for one.
I guess if you are pulling with a short wheelbase vehicle there may be more of a need.
Dick_B

Happytrails
05-28-2002, 11:31 AM
Sounds good Wade! How about the wheel wells......is that fixed for sure? Just got news of Dipsmom's $1,000.00 repair, and down for a month.  :'( At least she was ok!)  :) I'd be kinda curious to see a pic of those curtains, and the microwave stand deal....esp the microwave thing. Mine's set up a lot like yours, except my wardrobe is where your tub is, and I've just got extra counter space where your wardrobe is. (I bought it from the Flinstones)..........lol

Happytrails

KB7OUR
05-28-2002, 04:20 PM
Happytrails,

The wheel wells are round if that was your question.
I won't be able to take pics yet, but would be happy
to post some perhaps in a few weeks. TM did a good job on the curtains.

Wade

arknoah
05-30-2002, 02:37 AM
I applaud your decision to get your unit without carpeting.  We've found that while the carpet is really nice on the feet, it really attracts the dirt.

Bill
05-30-2002, 03:14 AM
Wade -

What is the lift kit? Something to increase ground clearance?

Bill

Happytrails
05-30-2002, 11:44 AM
Bill, yes, it raises the clearance for "outbacking". You can purchace one at any Advance auto store for about 30 bucks, and install it yourself.......very easy to do.....I'm probably going to do that to mine depending on the clearance I'll need to get it in the garage. Just a block that goes under the leaf springs, and bolted in place. It's the same one you can buy to lift the rear of a car, installs the same way.

Happytrails.......

KB7OUR
05-30-2002, 11:45 AM
It's an electric lift - you push a button and the TM opens itself. Just kidding! Yes, they add steel blocks to lift the unit up off the ground a couple of inches to extend ground clearance. Looks really nice.

Wade